This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2012 7:36 PM by TATONKA2012 RSS

No Service in Treasure Island, FL

cheadstpete Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Are there tower or service issues in Treasure Island, FL and the nearby area (zip codes 33706 and 33710)?  I have not been able to send/receive calls or text messages since Sunday morning (9/16).  I have rebooted the phone and 3 other family member phones are having the same problem.  Per the website my account is current.

• 1. Re: No Service in Treasure Island, FL
    Jazzgirl7777 Sprint Employee

Good morning cheadstpete,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service.  I am currently looking into your issue.  While I do so, can you verify for me what message you hear if any?  Or are you receiving fast busy signals?

• 2. Re: No Service in Treasure Island, FL

There is unfortunately a tower that is currently offline.  The tower maintenance is directly affecting blocked calls-calls are blocked from being made or received. 

The ticket associate with this issue is 9495514.  I understand this is an inconvenience, and apologize for the issues that you are having.  The estimated repair date is this Wednesday, 9-19-2012.

If after Wednesday you are still experiencing blocked calls please send me a private message along with your name and phone number and I will be more than happy to re-escalate the issue for you. Please be sure not to post any personal or account information over the forum to ensure your privacy remains secured.

• 3. Re: No Service in Treasure Island, FL
    cheadstpete Newbie

Fast Busy then message 'The Network is Busy'.   Data seems to be working just not SMS or phone.  I did a Profile Update when I realized data was working, but that did not help.

• 4. Re: No Service in Treasure Island, FL
    cheadstpete Newbie

Thank you for the update.  I am sure you understand that this is extremely frustrating as my office is in the outage area and I only use my cell phone without a seperate land line.

• 5. Re: No Service in Treasure Island, FL

cheadstpete,

Yes I completely understand.  I'm sorry to be the messenger of bad news; the good news is my engineers are restoring service as we speak. 

Your data should be working without error.  Please keep me informed if you are having issues past Wednesday.  Select my avatar, once profile page loads select private message and send me your name and phone number.

• 6. Re: No Service in Treasure Island, FL
    PGLICKENHAUS1 Regular Visitor

This is completely un called for. Do you realize that this service goes down constatly in this area.

I use my phone for business and this is costing me plenty.

I want out of my contract now. Period!

No more excuses from sprint or how they are "enhancing my non service".

When it starts working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I wam calling to cancel service.

• 7. Re: No Service in Treasure Island, FL
    TATONKA2012 Newbie

I am right around the corner from you near Admiral Farragut in the 33710 zip. I too have been without service since Sunday morning. We are thinking about cancelling 4 accounts. I also use my phones for business. I have wasted 6 phone calls. 10 hours of getting nowhere in 2 days to be transferred to Courtney in Account Services to cancel my contract and was hung up on. Not acceptable. I have been with Sprint for 15 years and am also a shareholder. Dumped all my stock in Sprint today and suggest others do the same based on these message boards and poor service on the horizon. Sorint wants us to wait until Wednesday to make and receive my business calls, and I PAY for this service? What type of compensation will all of us in this area be receiving? How much?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points