This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2012 2:15 PM by Dadoc2 RSS

how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?

Cassi_Michelle Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

i want to suspend my home phone line and wondered could i do it online or do i have to call. and will it cost me anything?

• 1. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Yes you can suspend a line of service.  While the line is suspended the contract time does not run   There is a charge for a suspended line of 8.98 a month.    If this is a Phone connect device it is not eligible for the standby plan.

• 2. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?
    carascojasper Newbie

what does it mean by "phone connect device"?

• 3. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?
    Thatonegirl88 Expert

Phone connect is the landline service box that sprint offers that you connect your landline into to get landline service through sprint.

• 4. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Just to clarify, a "suspension" blocks all services on the line but DOES NOT stop the monthly charges from accruing.  We typically use this type of suspension for customers calling in to report a lost or stolen phone.  It's meant to temporary because most customers get a replacement phone swapped to the line within a few days. 

The Seasonal Standby Plan ~

• Not for customers who qualify for Military Suspend. 
    • Account cannot be delinquent.   
      • Payments can be made so that customers may go on Seasonal Standby.
    • Customers must be on a regular rate-plan for 3 months before qualifying for Seasonal Standby Plan and before returning to Seasonal Standby. 
    • Employee Wireless Discount (EWD) and Sprint Wireless Advantage Club (SWAC) customers must have an active subscription for 6 months before qualifying for the Seasonal Stand-by Plan.

Devices ~

• All phones and wireless broadband cards are eligible except:   
      • 4G Single-mode devices 
      • AIRAVE 
      • Sprint Phone Connect 
      • Samsung Galaxy Tab and other tablets 
      • ZTE Peel  
      • Dell™ Inspiron 11z notebook 
      • Dell™ Inspiron Mini 1012 netbook 
      • ZTE Tablet

Service Agreement ~

• The Agreement period extends the number of months equal to the time the Seasonal Standby Plan is active on the subscription.  
      • For example: A customer with an Agreement has the Seasonal Standby Plan for 3 months. When an active plan replaces Seasonal Standby, the Agreement end date is extended 3 months past the original end date. 
      • The Service Agreement extension is applied systematically while customers are on SSBY.
        Customers who have reached their Service Agreement end date before going on Seasonal Standby do not have any months remaining when they resume normal service.

Plan Specifics ~

• Sprint Seasonal Standby Plan allows customers to maintain their Sprint phone number and account at a reduced price without terminating service. 
    • Maximum months allowed on plan:  
      • Consumer and Individual Liable: 6 months 
        • Effective 4/13/12: iDEN(Nextel) and PowerSource not allowed on SSBY
      • Corporate Liable:   
        • CDMA(Sprint) = 9 months  
        • iDEN(Nextel) and Powersource = Effective 4/13/12 not allowed on SSBY unless specified in CL Master Agreement or P&CA Contract  
          • As of 10/2/11, 6 months unless specified in agreement
    • Customers continue to pay taxes, surcharges and fees, including the Account Spending Limit Program Charge of $4.99, if applicable. 
    • Monthly Recurring Charge (MRC): $8.99 for phones and MBB 
    • Effective 2/07/12, CDMA(Sprint) SSBY plans are no longer discountable.  
    • MRC for Machine to Machine (CL only): $5.00 
    • Customers must call Sprint to move to a current plan after reaching the maximum number of months on Seasonal Standby Plan. Otherwise, Sprint automatically changes the subscription to a current plan. 

Services Included ~

• 911 service  
    • *2 Customer Service 
    • Plan blocks services to prevent Pay-As-You-Go charges.  
      • Exception: Sprint Direct Connect (CDMA PTT) service may not be blocked and bills at $0.50 per minute.
    • Plan maintains voicemail box for all CDMA phones, but blocks voicemail calls.  
      • Callers cannot leave messages and customers cannot check messages.

Services Not Included ~

• Voice, text, and data services are blocked

Add-Ons (such as TEP) ~

• Total Equipment ProtectionSM (TEP), Sprint Equipment Service and Repair Program (ESRP), or Sprint Equipment Replacement Program (ERP) must remain on the subscription.
    • NOTE:
      • Canceled equipment protection cannot be added back when the Seasonal Standby Plan is removed.
      • To be eligible for TEP, ESRP, or ERP coverage, service must be added within 30 days of activating the phone and remain active continuously.
      • If canceled, coverage can be added back the next time the phone is changed.
      • Go to www.sprint.com or any Sprint store to get additional information on phone protection solutions.
    • Applications such as Telenav and Xora can remain while the customer is on Seasonal Standby.
      • Must continue to pay the monthly charge
      • Services cannot be used.
    • Other add-ons (data, text and others) while the subscriber is on Seasonal Standby will be expired since the services cannot be used.
    • Customers must cancel subscriptions for third party services so they aren't charged for services that cannot be used while on Seasonal Standby.

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 5. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?

Or.  Phone Connect

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 6. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?
    Thatonegirl88 Expert

That is alot of information for customer that may not understand the jargon you posted in that post Tomdeaver, Although for some it may be extremely helpful, others it may not help at all

• 7. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?

I appreciate your feedback.  I wanted customers to have all of the facts. 

• 8. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?
    Thatonegirl88 Expert

No, I totally Understand. I just wanted to help if i could someitmes all the facts are unneccesary such as the mention of iden, I know you copied and pasted but again,and that is extremely helpful, I'm just speaking about the jargon! thanks for your continuous help TOMDEAVER!

• 9. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?

I appreciate that.  I edited the post to clarify most of the jargon. 

• 10. Re: how do i suspend a phone and will it cost me anything just to suspend it?
    Dadoc2 Newbie

Thanks Tom!

I had a similar question and this answers it totally.  However, I have seen elsewhere on this site that there is also a Temporary Suspension Plan which brings me to another question that I had.  What is the difference between the Temporary Suspension Plan and this Seasonal Standby Plan?

Message was edited by: Dadoc2

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...