This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2012 7:46 AM by joybelle80 RSS

Missing Text Messages

76TRICIEB76 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Every since my phone updated to the Android Ice Cream sandwich system, I've had problems receiving texts. Basically 50% of the messages sent to me are never received. Is there a way to solve this issue? I've called Sprint 3 times for a solution and nothing has help. Apparently you cannot reverse an Android update which I think is ridiculous.

• 1. Re: Missing Text Messages
    Sprint Employee

If you will answer my private message I will look into what is making this happen. There has to be a change in the messaging gateway that is causing this. Are you using the standard messaging application or one from the market?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Sprint BUZZ TECH

Oklahoma City

Hours Monday- Friday 6am - 3pm

https://network.sprint.com/   THE SPRINT NETWORK OF THE FUTURE IS UNDER WAY

• 2. Re: Missing Text Messages
    quackmire Newbie

I have the same problem.  I use the stock messaging app on my phone (Galaxy S2).  This happened to me several times with my Evo 4g but seems much more frequent since my S2 was updated to ICS.  And it's not like the messages come in late, they just never arrive.  Seems to be messages from iPhone users that it happens with.

• 3. Re: Missing Text Messages
    joybelle80 Newbie

I do have an Evo 4G and as of lately my phone is not receiving text from iPhone users, more so ones on Verizon. But from time to time Sprint iPhones. Is there a fix to this?

I will say this, I had google voice set up on my phone, but ever since I got my account in my own name, I no longer have access to it...BUT...I was receiving all my text from iPhone users in there, even though I used the stock messaging service. I would find messages I never received in googlevoice. Not sure why I cannot access anymore, but looking into that next.

Thanks,

Joy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...