7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 9:47 AM by 2soakers RSS

iPhone 5 not receiving text messages

kandarian77 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Today, I began noticing that my new iPhone 5 is not receiving text messages anymore. Should I take it in to Sprint?

• 1. Re: iPhone 5 not receiving text messages
    dshoem01 Gold Expert

Can you try turning cellular data off and then back on again?  Here are the steps:

• From the home screen, tap Settings
    • Tap General
    • Tap Cellular
    • Tap the switch next to Cellular Data to enable or disable the mobile data connection
  • 2. Re: iPhone 5 not receiving text messages

Nothing happened. I turned off the wifi so i could make sure i was getting sprint service.

• 3. Re: iPhone 5 not receiving text messages
    Mo04 Newbie

I am also having the same issue. I received my iphone 5 on Saturday 09/22/12 and activated it. I ported my phone # over from AT&T because Sprint is so much cheaper, but now I'm starting to think theres a reason why it's so much cheaper than AT&T and Verizon. Ever since I've activated my phone, I haven't been getting some text msgs. I only found this out because friends were trying to reach me and said they have sent me msgs the but never responded. But I NEVER got the msgs. Not even late, just never got them. I even had my boyfriend text me to see if I would get it and he was sitting right next to me....NOTHING. And this was 2 days ago, and still nothing. I've made a few phone calls and they were really in and out. I've also noticed the little circle at the top of my phone was on, where the "3G" should be. So when I try to use Siri, it won't even work because theres no data connection. I live in Sacramento, CA. Theres no cell towers down so whats the problem? Is this another repeat of what happened when the Iphone 4 got released? No service due to the new design on the phone? I even bought a case to put on it just incase it was having the same issue the iphone 4 did. PLEASE HELP! I Didn't leave AT&T for this!! I never had these issues w/them.

• 4. Re: iPhone 5 not receiving text messages

Mo04: I called Sprint and they fixed my issue just give sprint customer service a call. Also, use another phone not yours to call.

• 5. Re: iPhone 5 not receiving text messages

Press *2 if its a sprint phone or call 888-211-4727

• 6. Re: iPhone 5 not receiving text messages
    Social Care

Hello, I'm here to help! Are you sending and getting messages through imessage or through the Sprint text messages? Turn imessage off and log off wifi if you are on it. Power cycle the phone, press ##873283#  CALL, tap ok, and wait five minutes. Try again after these steps, share results!

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

• 7. Re: iPhone 5 not receiving text messages
    2soakers Newbie

That procedure worked for me, thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...