1 2 3 20 Previous Next 297 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2014 3:04 PM by SprintCare RSS

Sprint changing Employee Discount?

JUSTINWARWICK Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

So I have been a Sprint customer for a few years and I just noticed that I have a new "Message" on the my account page stating that I have to verify my employer in order to keep my discount, which is fine. My question is, Since I signed a 2 year contract that included this discount, Will I be able to get out of my contract if they take my discount?

• 1. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Expert

I had the same notification too, however, when we took the discount, we did accept a new contract, extending the contract another two years ...

Thing is ... since we accepted that under the contract ... we should be entitled to the two year discount, untill the end of the contract.

But that is not going to happen, you will be in your contract ... untill the end of the contract date ...

Your upgrade however, is not affected by extending the contract ... your upgrade date as it was previously .. will still be the same as what it is ...

• 2. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

The reason  for having to verify the contract is that you were given a discount based on being employed by a particular company.  To get the discount price you are agreeing to stay with Sprint for two years.  For which we will give  you the companies discount benefit.  If you cannot validate that you are eligible for the discount you would have to contact customer service for the next steps.  If you Are being asked to validate because you are upgrading the device  you signed up for a new contract to get the discount if you can validate that the discount applies nothing changes  If you cannot validate your discount you would go to standard pricing .

• 3. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Expert

My validation is my e-mail addres ... and it's in the system, when I enter my e-mail address... it pops up that I am elgiable ...

• 4. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Ag3ntJay Regular Visitor

If I am contract free and do not want to sign another agreement for two years or do not want to upgrade my phone, does this mean I will lose my discount?  I still work for the same company.

I do not want to accept another 2 year agreement just to keep a 19% discount because I am not sure if I am staying with Sprint or going to another wireless company.  But if I stay contract free and lose my discount, then my decision to leave will be made.

• 5. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

If you can validate that you are still eligible for the discount it will continue.

• 6. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Ag3ntJay Regular Visitor

Very well thanks for the info.  Sounds like a phone call and lilttle time is all I need to take care of this.

• 7. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Expert

This is how I signed up for the discount

http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/ais/wdyw.asp?INTNAV=ATG:FT:EmpD

And then I entered my e-mail address .. and I got a discount ... not sure what else I need to do.

• 8. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Expert

As in .. the discount has been on my bill since march ...

Do I need to do something now .. again? .. Because our verification is e-mail address.

• 9. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    Ag3ntJay Regular Visitor

I just got off the phone with a rep and he stated that I can just go to sprint.com/verify and do it there.  He said he was only able to take care of discounts where emails are used to confirm eligibility.

I went to the site and entered my phone number.  After enterning, the site says:

Thank you for your interest in the Sprint Discount Program. No action is required for your account at this time.

The next time you upgrade a device on this account, we'll need you to provide current proof of eligibility.

If you upgraded your device within the last 24 hours, our systems may not be updated yet. Please watch for a text message reminding you to verify your discount eligibility.

So this means I will have to verify the next time I upgrade and no further action is required on my part at this time.

• 10. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    whatever1111 Newbie

warning.  i was no longer under contract. 

asked to renew employee discount same as last year.  i now have a new two year contract unlike last year when i verified.  seems sneeky to me.

be careful.  if you do not want a new two year contract do not renew employee discount.

• 11. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    i-v Newbie

Was your email address given to you from the HR Dept at your job??? There were no email addresses where I am employed.  Therefore i cannot use the link you posted.

• 12. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    nwinget Newbie

I just got off the phone with a rep and he stated that I can just go to sprint.com/verify and do it there.  He said he was only able to take care of discounts where emails are used to confirm eligibility.

I went to the site and entered my phone number.  After enterning, the site says:

Thank you for your interest in the Sprint Discount Program. No action is required for your account at this time.

The next time you upgrade a device on this account, we'll need you to provide current proof of eligibility.

If you upgraded your device within the last 24 hours, our systems may not be updated yet. Please watch for a text message reminding you to verify your discount eligibility.

So this means I will have to verify the next time I upgrade and no further action is required on my part at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can somebody validate Ag3ntJay's post above with the validation message? If so, I believe it's our best way to continue the discount at least until the primary line's renewal needs to occur. Correct? What happens if we don't take the step shown above?

It sounds likely that even if we take the action shown above, we'll need to either re-confirm our employment with our discounted agency at the end of the primary line's contract date or reset our pricing to that of a standard customer.

• 13. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    AwaitingModeration Silver Expert

i-v wrote:

Was your email address given to you from the HR Dept at your job??? There were no email addresses where I am employed.  Therefore i cannot use the link you posted.

Don't have an email address issued by your employer, university or organization?

It's not a problem. Call us           today!

Sprint customers: Call 1-888-211-4727.

New to Sprint? Call 1-888-798-1005 to order products and services.

• 14. Re: Sprint changing Employee Discount?
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

You can go the site  www.sprint.com/verify and it will tell you what information we will need to verify the account.  The information can be faxed in.

1 2 3 20 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...