This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 10:21 PM by danib526 RSS

AIRAVE not working

blurrgrafix@aol.com Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I have the Airave, when I first got it it seemed to work pretty good, but now not so much.  It hasn't worked as much as it worked.  Also, in the directions it says when the lights are all a solid green  it says to "dial *99 on any sprint phone.  You should hear a message the says"You are now within AIRAVE coverage".  I have tried to do that and it doesn't work.  I don't get any message.  I have heard the three beeps when it does work.  I have it plugged into my Time Warner Cable modem and I had it checked and it is working just fine.  I am at my whits end.  HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• 1. Re: AIRAVE not working
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Sorry for the inconvenience. Not sure how your Airave is connected. Is your Airave connected with modem/router or modem and router(modem-Airave-router or modem-router-Airave)? If you have connect to modem and you hear 3 beeps, your Airave is working. Let me know.

Abe

• 2. Re: AIRAVE not working
    Hockwendy88 Regular Visitor

I am having issues with my Airave too.  It has the beeps and so it tells me that I am connected, however, the calls are very choppy, and I hear about every other word.

• 3. Re: AIRAVE not working
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

I would suggest you to complete a VOIP test to check Quality of Service from your ISP. Go to www.8x8.com and compelte the test and let us know.

Thanks

Abe

• 4. Re: AIRAVE not working

I can't get the print screen function to work.  However, everything seems to be fine, but the jitter, which was 258.1 ms. 

• 5. Re: AIRAVE not working
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

The Jitter can acutally create the symptom you are describing.  There should be an explanation of that measurement in your test summary.  Routers can cause high jitter so if you have your Airave plugged into your router instead of your modem, you may want to change your setup.  Our requirement for jitter is 5ms or less. 

Tom Deaver

Sprint Tech ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 6. Re: AIRAVE not working

I don't even hear the beeps anymore.  Now the mobile light isn't even lit up.  It seems like all I do anymore is roam.  It is connected modem/router.

abe2020 wrote:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Not sure how your Airave is connected. Is your Airave connected with modem/router or modem and router(modem-Airave-router or modem-router-Airave)? If you have connect to modem and you hear 3 beeps, your Airave is working. Let me know.

Abe

• 7. Re: AIRAVE not working

Hello.  There are many different configurations for the Airave as there are many different types of modems and routers.  We can try to assist you here with basic information, but based on the # of questions we will have, it would be best to contact our Airave department at 866.556.7310.  If this is not an option, I understand.  Please post the following information. 

From the back of the Airave,

WAN is connected to ~ 

LAN is connected to ~

Also include the make/model of your modem and router. 

Can you run a speedtest? Click here to run a VOIP speedtest. 

Lights ~ Mobile is not lit, how about GPS and broadband.  Color and whether they're solid or flashing. 

Tom Deaver

• 8. Re: AIRAVE not working

Hi Tom,

From the back of the AIRAVE - Wan is connected to LAN 1

LAN 1 connected to nothing

Mobile light is not lit.

GPS light - solid green

Broadband light - solid green

From Time Warner Cable:

Make of modem/router - ubee

Model number is - DDW3610

WiFi certified

I did run a speedtest, but I don't understand what it all means.

• 9. Re: AIRAVE not working

Ok thank you.  VOIP requirements for our Airave are >1Mbps download, >350Kbps upload, >80% QoS, <5ms Jitter, and packet loss 0%.  Are your speeds within this range? 

Tom Deaver

• 10. Re: AIRAVE not working

Ok.  This is what I got earlier 5.02 Mbps  272.6 ms average jitter  and 0.0% packet loss.  Does this mean anything to you?  I hope so, because it doesn't to me.

I find this cell phone booster won't work with my phone but it really boosted my WiFi hotspot signal.

• 11. Re: AIRAVE not working

Thank you.  There should be a description of "Jitter" in your test summary.  It will say something to the effect of "Your ISP's jitter is 272.6.  This indicates that your data connection is too unstable to produce a high quality voice over IP call and your calls may be broken." 

This is a concern but shouldn't cause the mobile LED to go dark or not light up at all.  What happens if you unplug the ethernet cable from the Airave.  Does the light start flashing?  If yes, contact your ISP about high jitter.  If no, have you hard reset your Airave?  With a paper clip, press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds which is located on the back of the Airave just below the GPS antenna port.  When you release the reset button, all LEDs should be solid green briefly indicating the Airave properly reset. 

If the mobile LED will not ever come on with one of the above trouble shooting steps, the device may be defective.  Let me know if you are unable to call the Airave Support # to have your Airave replaced because of this issue, and I will see what I can do.

Tom Deaver

• 12. Re: AIRAVE not working

Mine was the same way when I ran the test.  All requirements were within limits, but jitter, which was over 200. The airave is plugged in correctly, but I wonder if the set up at my BIL's house is the culprit.  They have several devices using the wi-fi from the modem (phones, computer, nooks, and a xbox, which my nephew on is 24/7). I have noticed that when he is not on the xbox, I am able to hear whoever is calling me and they can hear me just fine.  Is there anyway to have the Airave hooked up so that it does not interfere with his Xbox use (although he really should get off of it. )? 

• 13. Re: AIRAVE not working

Hi Tom,

I just ran a speedtest again just now.  Here are the following results:

Download Speed - 4.97 Mbps

Upload Speed - 663 kbps

Quality of Service - 21%

Upload Quality of Service - 50%

Jitter - Me to Server - 179.2 ms

Jitter - Server to Me - 25.5 ms

Packet Loss - 0.0%

MOS Score - Estimated at 3.6

What does all this mean to me?  All my lights are solid green.  I unpluged the ethernet cord and the power cord on the airave last night and it is now working wi8th the exception of my phone. 

• 14. Re: AIRAVE not working
    ColetteCiara Newbie

Hi I just received my airave on Wednesday and it has been pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it works and at other times only two of the LED lights are flashing green. What do you think I should do?

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points