1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2013 8:20 PM by lsuttles44jr RSS

Galaxy S3 Auto Correct

JMOD26 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, are people seeing an issue where the S3 stock keyboard is not autocorrecting mispelled words? When i used to text it would correct the word for me if it was close enough. Now it will just take anything and i have to keep going back and fixing all words. Please let me know. It just recently starting happening on my phone.

• 1. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    SLBPBurgess Newbie

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's not just your phone. The same thing just recently started happening with mine as well. I've gone into keyboard settings and reset to default, and still no auto correct or spell check. It doesn't even capitalize "i" when i type it in even though that's on the auto substitution list. Any ideas out there?

• 2. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    JMOD26 Regular Visitor

Thank for the response. Same here. I have reset settings to default. I do not want to reset my device because if that doesn't work I will be ******.

• 3. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    sbaird1988 Newbie

Having the same problem here. Looking for some resolution. I bought the phone and started it up yesterday. Everything seemed great and today I went to text and I have noticed none of the Auto correct functions working. Not for both default keyboard types (swipe or samsung). Things such as "i" don't switch to "I" and "dont" doesn't switch to "don't".

My temporary solution is to download Ice Creme Sandwich Keyboard, but this won't suffice. I just bought and spent money on this phone I would like for a basic function to work as advertised. I have also checked ever setting and adjusted all/reset all and restarted the phone.

Let us know of a solution!

• 4. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    1234mmmm Regular Visitor

JMOD26 wrote:

Hello, are people seeing an issue where the S3 stock keyboard is not autocorrecting mispelled words? When i used to text it would correct the word for me if it was close enough. Now it will just take anything and i have to keep going back and fixing all words. Please let me know. It just recently starting happening on my phone.

This happened to mine when I updated to the latest software version release (L710VPL13). Before this release, my stock keyboard worked just fine since day one (which was over 3 months now). I also had to download "Ice Cream Sandwhich keyboard" because texting was a pain. I also began getting issues with lag on folders in my external SDcard that had a whole lot of pic / video files. Check out this thread that shows other issues with the latest release.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/98628?start=60&tstart=0

• 5. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    lucylovesdesi Newbie

I'm having the same issue since this latest update. I loved the autocorrect function and would love to have it back! I'm not sure if this is a gltch or if this is going to be permanent but they need to bring it back!!

• 6. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    Travelingman321 Regular Visitor

Ohhhh, thank goodness, I have been having problems with this, and was about to throw my phone against the wall.  This is the first Smartphone I have owned that did not have a QWERTY keyboard built in.  I tested the keyboard out extensively in the store and was very happy with the results, but since I the update this key inputs have been as horrible as ever and extremely frustrating.  I agree this needs to be fixed and FIXED SOON!!!

• 7. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    Travelingman321 Regular Visitor

BTW worst part about this all - all the misspelled words are ending up in the "My Words" folder as being correct and acceptable. NOT GOOD at all!!!

• 8. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    HCOOK220 Newbie

I've noticed it too, ever since my phone did that **** update - they need to hurry & fix this. Kinda ****** me off when I called the store though and they were oblivious... The last thing I want to do is bring my phone back to the store

• 9. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    HCOOK220 Newbie

& also, after paying that much for the phone I shouldn't have to pay for a new keyboard app to fix a glitch that's no bueno

• 10. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    kjoyner91 Regular Visitor

I thought I was the only one having the keyboard problem...makes me want to switch to an iPhone to be honest. Does anyone know when this will be fixed?? Like someone said before, I paid too much money for this phone to have to buy a keyboard app. 

• 11. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    halldl02 Expert

It doesn't appear that Samsung Keyboard's has auto-correct anymore, but I like Swype MUCH better in any case.  And that doesn't make me unhappy as auto-correct was more of a pain for me and I turned it off.

Swype doesn't have an auto correct (from the options I see), but it does provide alternate word choices as you type which works well enough for me.  If you are using the Swype tracing function, auto-correct is moot as you have to kind of spell the word correctly anyhow, but that is again where the alternate word choices work great for me.

• 12. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    WROSSN12 Regular Visitor

This happen to my Galaxy S3 too after the update!  Drives me crazy.  Sprint, can you provide any insight into a fix for this or the timeframe for when this will be addressed?  Thanks!

• 13. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    CEPII Newbie

I've never had this issue on my phone. However, I never really liked the autocorrect or other functionality of the samsung keyboard. I would recommend looking into the Swype Beta. It works much better than samsung keyboard. If you had the original Epic 4G, then you should remember the effectiveness of Swype over the samsung keybaord. Check here for more information:

http://www.swype.com/get-swype/how-do-i-get-swype/

• 14. Re: Galaxy S3 Auto Correct
    memebelleza Newbie

I would like someone to answer this question because this keyboard is driving me insane.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...