This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2013 3:25 AM by StacyK16 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Error code 97?
    CAPTFBGNET Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

SPRINT ERROR CODE 97:

Error Code 97

Network error. Sign in failed. Please

wait a moment and try again. You may

need to go to Settings and select Update

Data Profile. If this problem persists,

you may need to contact Customer

Care.

• 16. Re: Error code 97?
    myinput Newbie

I just got the Galaxy S III yesterday would not send text got code 97 after reading post on hear i made sure i updated the phone PRL and Profile let them know i had a Airave at home the reset it and now it works fine so far

• 17. Re: Error code 97?
    ppug1 Newbie

Shane if you are still with sprint please respond to this, we have 4 of the S3 phones and only one of these is having the code 97 problem, please help.

• 18. Re: Error code 97?
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Are you connecting through an airave?   Is it limited to one location or every where?  Can you receive text messages?  Given the other devices work this looks like a set up or device issue.

• 19. Re: Error code 97?
    angel0100 Newbie

Problem Solved I upgraded to the Note 2 from my evo 4g. I have an air rave in my home. When I got home my new phone wouldnt send text but I could get them. I didnt realize my old phone the evo 4g was still charged and turned on and on the charger even though I changed services to the new Note 2. Do this turn off the  new phone then  If your old phone is still in the house with the air rave put it on airplane mode. then restart the new phone. it may take a little bit but that damm airrave will pick up your new phone, mine only took about a half hr and ever since three days ago has been fine. Stop letting sprint reset your phones thats not going to clear the 97 error. 97 error is your airrave or someone in your area close by has one. 97 error is your phone saying you dont have permission to do something. IE somethng elsa is connected to the airrave. James in the air rave tech support dept figured it out right away. he knew what I was talking about in 2 seconds. I cant say the same about the rest of sprint air rave people I put 5 calls into them before getting this guy James. I would be willing to bet your 97 errors dont happen when you leave your home and get out on the road away from your neighborhood.

• 20. Re: Error code 97?
    angel0100 Newbie

Problem Solved I upgraded to the Note 2 from my evo 4g. I have an air rave in my home. When I got home my new phone wouldnt send text but I could get them. I didnt realize my old phone the evo 4g was still charged and turned on and on the charger even though I changed services to the new Note 2. Do this turn off the  new phone then  If your old phone is still in the house with the air rave put it on airplane mode. then restart the new phone. it may take a little bit but that damm airrave will pick up your new phone, mine only took about a half hr and ever since three days ago has been fine. Stop letting sprint reset your phones thats not going to clear the 97 error. 97 error is your airrave or someone in your area close by has one. 97 error is your phone saying you dont have permission to do something. IE somethng elsa is connected to the airrave. James in the air rave tech support dept figured it out right away. he knew what I was talking about in 2 seconds. I cant say the same about the rest of sprint air rave people I put 5 calls into them before getting this guy James. I would be willing to bet your 97 errors dont happen when you leave your home and get out on the road away from your neighborhood.

• 21. Re: Error code 97?
    angel0100 Newbie

• 22. Re: Error code 97?
    angel0100 Newbie

• 23. Re: Error code 97?
    StacyK16 Newbie

Yay! This worked for me. Both a Galaxy 3 and newest Blackberry. We also have the Airave. Reset airrave and turned off both old phones as well as reset new phones and works like a charm now! Thanks for the help!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points