4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2012 11:57 PM by ScotttBittner RSS

Samsung Galaxy S2 data reception problems

ScotttBittner Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I am also one of the many people having data connection issues with the Sprint Samsung Galaxy s2, as is my wife with the same phone. data drops and frequently goes into roaming. I can walk around my house and signal will come and go. This is NOT a tower issue as my friends HTC EVO 4G has no data signal issues in the same locations at the same time on the same websites. Sprint tech at store says phone tests OK. Did reset/ update PRL didnt help at all. Sprint will not change phone for different model so I am stuck paying for a premium data service that I can barely use. I guess I have no choice but to file a complaint with the FCC  and State Atty Genrals Office, as well as the BBB and every online complaint forum I can find. After doing a google search I have discovered SEVERAL people have the same issue with this phone.

• 1. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 data reception problems
    KEVON24 Newbie

I am currently having the same problem with my galaxy s2 7 sprint was no help either. try to send the phone back to samsung since sprint won't do anything about it. sprint really need to do better in the service area.

• 2. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 data reception problems
    XMarcX Regular Visitor

Screenshot_2012-10-11-10-34-111817721355.png

If

you

think

you

are

having

problems then look at this!

• 3. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 data reception problems
    FLIPPNBITS69 Newbie

I also am having these issues, seems very prevailant in downtown Omaha where I can barely use my phone's data. I have noticed that once I loose data, there's no getting it back until I restart the phone. I would love it if Sprint would take ownership of the problem and make it right for customers. Then I would consider not switching carriers once my contract is up.

• 4. Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 data reception problems
    ScotttBittner Regular Visitor

I finally found a sprint rep in one of the stores who valued my 11 yrs as a customer and swapped my galaxy S2 for an EVO 3D. It gets much better reception and has a lot better data speed. I printed out several pages of complaints about the galaxy S2, went into the store and politely but boldly expressed my dissappointment with Sprint and Samsung, asked that they reactivate my old EVO 4G, and that I planned to put my galaxy in a drawer and ride out my two year contract with sprint then find another carrier. I was not rude but made sure other people in the store could hear me. I dont know if it will work for you, but its worth a try, it took three trips to the store, but I finally found the right person, dealing with customer service on the phone got me nowhere. Oh, and I am in TX now but grew up in Fremont NE, GO HUSKERS!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points