This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 1:06 PM by jayvola1 RSS

Htc evo shift 4g....screen keeps changing all by itself, like it's possessed!!!

tinkerbell2555 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have a htc evo shift 4g, i've had it for about 7mts. Up till now have had a few problems with it but have been able to fix them. As of yesterday tho I can no longer use it. The phone jumps from screen to screen. I have tried removing the battery and a couple of factory resets and none of these have resolved the problem, so I have resorted to using a dumb phone cuz I can't afford a new one. The closest fix-it store is about 70miles from me so don't know what to do. I really like and miss my phone. Anyone have any ideas for me? I do have insurance on it.

• 1. Re: Htc evo shift 4g....screen keeps changing all by itself, like it's possessed!!!
    Fowler_SC Newbie

I have decided this phone sucks! It's great, right up until it gets possessed. We have 4 phones on our sprint account and the evo shift is the only one we've had problems with. Sprint has replaced it with a refurbished phone, that has done the same thing...TWICE! We take it into the Sprint store and they keep having to repair it (replacing the display). Currently the display is frozen and will not work at all. I have to take it in to the Sprint store again to have it repaired! I am very frustrated! Upgrade isn't for another 211 days and this will be the 4th time this phone has to be worked on! Good luck with yours.

• 2. Re: Htc evo shift 4g....screen keeps changing all by itself, like it's possessed!!!
    VTLV Newbie

mine too

It's been happening for a few months. Occasionally if it starts freaking out while I'm in a text field letters appear via evil possession. Sometimes it just refuses to recognize screen presses. I have dropped the phone a few times but I'm glad (?) to know it is a bad phone from the manufacturer. I've had a nice experience with the phone for about 10 months now I cannot count on it at all. Restarting/battery pull = immediate fix but the problems come back later in the day.

• 3. Re: Htc evo shift 4g....screen keeps changing all by itself, like it's possessed!!!
    tinkerbell2555 Newbie

Since I put this comment on here about a week ago, I received a replacement htc evo shift 4g this last Tues ( Oct,9th) and am currently awaiting my 2nd replacement phone. The first  replacement phone worked fro about 25hrs and as of now I have no service on it at all. I am without a phone right now. Hopefully this next replacement phone actually works. I can now see why these phone are no longer available on their web site or in the stores. It is a piece of s**t!! I can't wait to be done with it.

• 4. Re: Htc evo shift 4g....screen keeps changing all by itself, like it's possessed!!!
    ufyellowfin Newbie

I have been through htc evo, evo design, and now evo shift noth ing but problems.  ANDROID phones well at least HTC ones suck contract is up on my phone DEC 1 I will switching providers and going back with Iphone, never had one issue with the MAC phone.

• 5. Re: Htc evo shift 4g....screen keeps changing all by itself, like it's possessed!!!
    beachale Newbie

Mine changes screens, buttons don't work, and even dials all by itself. It dialed a friend 3 times when I was in the bathroom one day.  Luckily, all she heard as the flush.  One day at work I watched my wallpaper just disappear.  I can't wait for my time with this phone to end.

• 6. Re: Htc evo shift 4g....screen keeps changing all by itself, like it's possessed!!!
    jayvola1 Newbie

My wife's Shift has many problems. The earpiece only works on speakerphone so all her calls have to be done that way. The notication light only shows when the keyboard is slid out. It wasn't playing voice mails last night and might not from now on out. It's generally unresponsive. All these problems just started in past month. We've tried calling Sprint and their like, "have you updated the PRL"?.Yeah, okay. Only upside is that we are 4.5 months away from end-of-contract. My wife will never be with Sprint again, that's for sure (she hates their network on top of the phone problem). I'll probably take my phone to one of their cheaper MVNO partners until another network puts out a phone I really want. Or maybe I'll just go back to dumb/feature phones since all these high-priced smartphones are really just shoddy foreign-made junk waiting to fail.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points