This discussion is locked
1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2013 3:20 PM by swikarpatel RSS

unlock sprint iphone 4s

edondurguti Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I've just bought an iPhone5 and switched from Sprint to ATT, my company would pay my bill if I had att, so I just waited for an iphone5 to get it.

Anyway, went to apple story and got the iphone5, they ported my number that's it.

I'd want my iphone 4s unlocked as I want to send it to my sister overseas in Europe, I called sprint international dept and here is the story:

International deptartment told me they cannot unlock the phone because it is not in service and thus can't access the phone, go to apple store they will help you.

Went to apple store, they said they dont' do unlocks >> go to Sprint store;

Went to sprint store (prefered retailer) they couldn't help me " we do not do repairs here" - I'm like this is not a repair this unlocking, anyway they told me to go to a corporate store.

Went to Sprint's corporate store: The guy kept saying I dont' know anyone that can use iphone 4s outside sprint, they are made for sprint and that's it>> I kept telling him that's not the argument what so ever cuz when i first bought it, I went to europe the second day and it worked there (remember sprint sold them unlocked and then locked them) just to prove him wrong but he wouldn't understand and unfortunately he was on of the managers so that sucked... NO HELP FROM THEM.

Called international dept again and got the same lady on the phone told her apple can't do this, I dont' know why you told me to go to apple... She said she can't help me, I asked to talk to her manager/supervisor (by the way both ladies were very polite so was I with them), she told me they can't do anything I can always sell it on ebay .. how nice of her

Anyway I'm kinda stuck and have no idea what to do.

I was thinking if I go ahead and open a new sprint account and activate my iphone and call sprint to unlock it and then cancel that account withing 14 days would they charge me anything or at least is it going to be alot?

P.s I do have to pay cancelation fee which is next month 300 bux and I am left with a brick.

Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    FoCoNoCo Regular Visitor

You may have to have your phone jailbroken to get it unlocked.  My other concern would be, can a Sprint CDMA iPhone actually run on AT&T's GMS network?  Verizon's iphones are being shipped unlocked and will work on AT&T and T-Mobile.  Sprint likely WILL NOT unlock your phone, and jailbreaking may be your only option.

• 2. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    cmesurf Regular Visitor

Sprint's policy is to have the iPhone 4S SIM locked to our network domestically and internationally. We plan to allow existing customers in good standing to unlock the SIM for international use.

• 3. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    cmesurf Regular Visitor

Sprint's policy is to have the iPhone 4S SIM locked to our network domestically and internationally. We plan to allow existing customers in good standing to unlock the SIM for international use.

• 4. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    dtazd90 Newbie

Hi, sorry for my english. I buy secondhand iphone 4s sprint. It was purchased in the U.S., and immediately resold me, in Kazakhstan (GSM network). And because "the esn you provided is not clean". Is it possible to activate it officially to work in GSM network?

Thanks.

• 5. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    cnbrown2 Newbie

Solution....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKSIuRwIedM

Watch this video. I have completed this procedure twice for two sprint phones and used both of them in Europe and Asia. It's free, but you need a sim foreign sim card from any overseas gsm network.  I used a Orange sim from Moldova for both of mine. One of them is still being used in Asia as we speak. This can be completed using itunes so, I assume one could unlock for international use where ever he or she might be in the world.

CB

• 6. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    cnbrown2 Newbie

@ dtazd90...

Yes you can use a Sprint iphone 4S with an ESN that is not clean. One of the two iphones I did with this procedure is being used in Ka3axctah now. The same phone was also used in Italy as well.    - Spacibia Ka3axctah!!

Solution....   www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKSIuRwIedM

• 7. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    fromkz Newbie

Your video isn't helpful for iPhone 4S ios 5.1.1, modem 2.0.12. Doesn't work. Checked. This requires activation in any country.

• 8. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    EmmitElliott Newbie

Sorry this is kind of late but you can purchase a GPP Sim to unlock the phone to use another GSM carrier. I purchased one off of ebay for my 4s. I tried the R-Sim5+ without any luck but have been completely statisfied with the GPP version. Some features may not work completly like MMS messaging on t-mobile. I purchased 2 from this seller on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/150964635970. You can prob find from another seller or online vendor. I purchased the R-Sim5+ from newegg.com.

• 9. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    XweAp0nX Regular Visitor

Sprint has to unlock this phone trhemselves - They have to release it. You cannot use a CDMA phone for ATT. ATT iPhones are all GSM. They may be a way, but you would have to buy a special SIM card. Search Gevey Sim, that's one of the cards people use.But from what I was told by many people, including some heavy Modding people, you cannot use a Sprint Phone for ATT.

The carrier you get has to also use CDMA phones.

• 10. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    Jenny_R20 Social Care

endondurguti,

In order for Sprint to unlock your Iphone 4S it would have to be active on an account in good standing for at least 90days. Our International Department can them unlock the phone.

Thank you,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

• 11. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    XweAp0nX Regular Visitor

Mr Elliot - Thank you for your email on this.

I mentioned the Sim card on another thread, thank you for the other intormation you sent me. My impression had been, that CMDA phones cannot really be "unlocked" the same way a GSM phone can be. But the Sim card you mentioned is the best alternative.

However, "Jenny" here indicates they can be "unlocked" - But it is probably by the method you mentioned. I thought you had sent me a private message on this, but it appears it was posted here, then removed.

• 12. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s
    brooks7210 Regular Visitor

I have been with Sprint for three years, with four lines and a tablet. I called yesterday. I have never called in before for this. I called the international number. I recomend calling them from the start for all your needs. YOu still end up a regular Sprint when you call, but the people working there are better call center reps. The man I spoke with at first read something. It is the new rule from the copyright act about unlocking phones. He then called directly for an international rep. I waited on hold for about 4 minutes. She came on the line asked me what i was calling about. asked me if i had called before. She then probably hit a button on her computer that gives you the okay. She the says she will be pushing thru to the phone. Asked me for my email address, sent the unlock thru iTunes directions. She said to wait 8-24 hours and restore thru iTunes. I called in at lunch, When I got home from work, I just went ahead and ran the restore iPhone utility, Went thru its thing, and wait for it, Congratulations, Your iphone is now unlocked. after that I waited until this morning and ran my IMEI thru a checker. Everyone I checked said you phone is unblocked. I Never got one saying your phone is locked to so and so wireless company.I have not used a foreign or domestic SIM. The Sprint people were great an all were easy to deal with. I will right later after I see how unlocked it is.

• 13. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s

I have been with Sprint for three years, with four lines and a tablet. I called yesterday. I have never called in before for this. I called the international number. I recomend calling them from the start for all your needs. YOu still end up a regular Sprint when you call, but the people working there are better call center reps. The man I spoke with at first read something. It is the new rule from the copyright act about unlocking phones. He then called directly for an international rep. I waited on hold for about 4 minutes. She came on the line asked me what i was calling about. asked me if i had called before. She then probably hit a button on her computer that gives you the okay. She the says she will be pushing thru to the phone. Asked me for my email address, sent the unlock thru iTunes directions. She said to wait 8-24 hours and restore thru iTunes. I called in at lunch, When I got home from work, I just went ahead and ran the restore iPhone utility, Went thru its thing, and wait for it, Congratulations, Your iphone is now unlocked. after that I waited until this morning and ran my IMEI thru a checker. Everyone I checked said you phone is unblocked. I Never got one saying your phone is locked to so and so wireless company.I have not used a foreign or domestic SIM. The Sprint people were great an all were easy to deal with. I will right later after I see how unlocked it is.

• 14. Re: unlock sprint iphone 4s

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points