This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 3:48 PM by SHARICE1059 RSS

Upgrade before contract ends

SHARICE1059 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Ok, I went to the sprint store and they were zero help on this.  I have a family share plan, 3 phones, 2 contracts are up 31 Jan 13 (2 year cont), and 1 in August 13.  I want to upgrade all of us to iphones, sprint is saying that they will not be able to upgrade with a discount, even tho I'm a premier customer and hve been with them for over 10 years.  I'm not trying to almost a grand for 3 new phones, that's dumb.  Is there a way I can upgrade and not get ripped off before my contract ends?  I even thought about adding two new lines then cancelling the old ones once the contract ends cause it's cheaper.  You would think that they would like to keep the customers that they have had for a long time, but at this rate it's cheaper for me to change providers. 

• 1. Re: Upgrade before contract ends
    Erirsh Social Care

Sharice1059,

I am happy to answer your questions and look into your options. Just to clarify, upgrade eligibility is not directly tied to a contract, though contract end dates are a good indicator of when you should be due. To check your eligibility for a device you can text UPGRADE to 1311 from that device. If you're not eligible, an option would be looking into the Sprint Buy Up program. Depending on the amount of time left on your contract you would pay a minimal amount and be able to upgrade. If you would like, I would love to look into this for you. Finally, if you believe your upgrade eligibility is incorrect, it would be a pleasure to research it for you, and do all that I can to correct it. Please let me know how you would like to proceed forward.

*Ben

Social Care

• 2. Re: Upgrade before contract ends
    SHARICE1059 Newbie

Thanks it may be interesting what you can tell me versus what the people in the store said.  I have done the txt and my upgrade discount is not until  8/13 and my additional lines are not until 1/13.  I don't want to do anything crazy just upgrade all three of our phones, keep the same plans, and not go broke in the process.  The representatives in the store did a buy back inquiry and I would save a whopping $85 for all three of our phones, I would still be paying over a grand in iphones.  So yes,  if you can find a better solution to this problem that would be great

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points