This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2012 2:12 PM by 14KNIGHT RSS

Early Contract Termination

thomasthurman1392 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I just signed up with Sprint today and I am awaiting my phone. I decided I'd like to try them out and see if I like them. If by my next bill, I decide I don't like them do I have to pay the Early Contract Termination fee? Or is that part of the Sprint Refund thing? Just a question. I don't want to feel locked down if I don't like my service....

• 1. Re: Early Contract Termination
    Expert

If you aren't 100% satisfied with your product, return your device to your original place of purchase and contact Sprint to deactivate service within 14 days of activation (day 1 of the 14 days starts when the phone is activated) or 14 days of purchase for accessories and devices purchased with no service plan (such as a wifi only tablet or notebook) and Sprint will:

• Refund the device purchase price (as long as device is complete and undamaged)
    • Waive the Early Termination Fee (ETF) (as long as the device is returned)

You may have to return any handsets and accessories purchased with the service before your account will be cancelled. Customers are responsible for all their usage charges (included but not limited to Monthly Rate Charges, add-ons, casual or out-of-plan usage and related taxes and Sprint surcharges). However, if service is cancelled within 3 days of activation the activation/upgrade fee will be refunded.  The 14-day return period starts the day the phone is activated in our stores, online or by one of our channels.

Gift cards and iTunes cards are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned or exchanged (except as required by law).

http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/

**So if you do not cancel within 14 days you will pay the ETF**

• 2. Re: Early Contract Termination
    14KNIGHT Master

Que_P you have it exactly  right  most important thing to  remember is the 14 day period  counts from the first day as one.   There is no leeway for just one day over.   Also you have to call Sprint to cancel the account stores do not do that for you  and just returning the phone does not cancel the account.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points