This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 9:46 PM by Ricardo_Diaz RSS

Service in Puerto Rico

ricktd Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Since I'm tired of trying to get Sprint to answer when they're service in the Greater San Juan Area will be fixed, I have decided to post on this forum to see if a sprint representative would take the time to really give us a time when this will be fixed.

All I hear is we're doing upgrades in my area, same story I've been hearing for months.  Yes you are announcing 4G coverage coming, but your standard service is not working either.

Signal works faster when my phone goes into roaming.   Yes service is better when I'm roaming. 

So, could someone answer when the tower that is supposed to be down will be fixed?

• 1. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    ricktd Regular Visitor

Still having problems with dropped calls, no signal, no internet.... I have yet to see a community rep from Sprint respond to my posting....

• 2. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    SusanofRioGrande Newbie

It's not just San Juan; I'm in Rio Grande and my brother-in-law is in Bayamon and we have the same problem. He was offered some sort of signal booster which helps in his house, but that doesn't help him on his 1 1/2 hour drive to work.  I was told that they started working on our towers October 4th.  If that is true, I can't believe it would take almost 2 months to update them.  I'm still waiting for an answer, too.

• 3. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    ileana2003 Newbie

si, realmente el servicio es pesimo, estoy pagando por un servicio que no tengo, nunca puedo comunicarme en ningun sitio y se caen las llamadas todo el tiempo es vergonzoso!!!!!      la razon que dan es la actualizacion de las torres en PR,  me han dado 3 fechas diferentes para que el trabajo se termine, la ultima fue febrero 2013.

me vi en la obligacion de conseguir otra compania de telefono por mi trabajo. pero porque tengo que seguir pagando por la cuenta con Sprint?? legalmente NO!!!!!! 

• 4. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    ricktd Regular Visitor

Tal y como ellos ponen boletines en sus tiendas que puedes reportar tu problema a la junta de telecomunicaciones.  Los empleados de las tiendas ya ni quieren atender quejas de clientes, simplemente les dicen que llamen al numero 800 y tienen esos boletines en todas las tiendas.  Llevan meses diciendo que es la transicion a LTE y aveces te dicen que hay una torre en mantenimiento.  Desde el verano me llevan diciendo lo mismo. 

• 5. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    hj84 Regular Visitor

Todo eso es muy cierto ya yo estoy cansado de llamar y todos los dias es una historia diferente tal ves los contraten para escribir novelas .

• 6. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    ricktd Regular Visitor

You should all be able to request to get out of your contract without paying the penalty.  If you have contacted them numerous times.  I am sure they would allow you to get out.  Posting on these sites all were going to get is the same thing... "we are upgrading service in your area"

• 7. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    coroso2012 Newbie

Porque no nos unimos todos y vamos a varias tiendas a presionarlos. Por ejemplo en Escorial , Plaza, etc.

• 8. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    SusanofRioGrande Newbie

Does the local T-Mobile plan work in the States also?

• 9. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    ricktd Regular Visitor

They have one that does if you want to use the svc in the states.  But I don't travel to the states anymore so it's great! 

• 10. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    SusanofRioGrande Newbie

Here is a copy of Sprint's response to may complaint email (my service in Rio Grande also went bad around the first of October):

We do appreciate your patience as we continue our updates to enhance our system and include new services such as the LTE data speeds. And we understand how this impacts a portion of our customer with additional service interruptions. To answer your question and to set the correct expectation let me just say the upgrades do take time. These upgrades take 4-6 months to complete and since they did start in Oct for your area, the ETA on the completetion would be February. Even though the impact to service is small, we do understand each call can be an important call. I have added a $25 adjustment to the account for the next 4 months to help compensate for the parts of service that may be impacted. I hope this helps to answer you question and relieve some concerns.

Note the 4-6 months.  Too much.  I don't need a credit, I need service.  (The impact to service is small -- are they kidding?)

A little FYI, the FCC defers to the Junta de Telecomunicaciones here in Puerto Rico.  In order to make a complaint you have to begin by sending a complaint letter to Sprint's service department, then fill out the form.  It is a long, drawn-out process (I went through it when Claro changed the signal to our internet antenna and expected us to buy a new one) with a lot of paperwork back and forth.  One option would be to unite everyone to make a complaint to the Junta at the same time, so they are flooded with complaints.  The other is to switch to another network.  I think that, from their "4-6 month" response that would give everyone grounds to terminate service with no penalty.

• 11. Re: Service in Puerto Rico
    Ricardo_Diaz Newbie

I got fed up with the same situation and had to file a complaint with the FCC. Finally I received a call from Sprint and the person told me that Sprint had lost the rights to use some Towers around the island and is trying to get back on the train. This is my friend what is really going on with the crappy signal we are all receiving from Sprint. On the other hand they are making press releases left and right that they are just about to launch the 4G/LTE. What a lie....I encourage everyone to file a complaint with the FCC and make your voice be heard. They are making millions of dollars out of loyal customers like you and me and in return we get this ****. Hey Sprint it's now for you guys to make some investments around this island like ATT and T-Mobile are doing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...