This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2009 4:39 PM by bdennir RSS

Katana Eclipse X - playing music?

Currently Being Moderated

I just recently got the Katana Eclipse X, and I want to load music from my computer to play onto my phone. So far I've been able to get .wma files onto my phone with no problem, but when I select "listen," it says "unable to play file." Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or able to offer some advice on getting music from your pc to your phone so you can play it?

• 1. Re: Katana Eclipse X - playing music?
    Levi4u Master

You need to convert your WMV files to MP3's.

The Sprint Sanyo Katana Eclipse X features a music player that supports MP3, AAC, and AAC+ digital audio formats.

Message Edited by Levi4u on 03-16-2009 11:51 AM

• 2. Re: Katana Eclipse X - playing music?

I should have known it was something like that - thank goodness for media converters. Thanks for the help!

• 3. Re: Katana Eclipse X - playing music?

I converted my music to mp3 format then I dragged it to my micro 256 card. My phone did not find the music. I put the card back in the computer and deleted the files that I dragged to it and went to the card. The card had a file on it for my music and I clicked on it. It took me to windows media and I added the music to the column and then synchronized it to the card and reinserted it into the phone and it still did not find the music. What am i doing wrong? How can i get the music on to my phone and listen to it?

• 4. Re: Katana Eclipse X - playing music?

The book says the phone should play mp3, aac, m4a, amr, wma (& others).

In my phone, Sprint Music store doesn't load wma, though it is playable in file manager. Conversely, m4a plays in the Sprint Music store application, but does not play in file manager.

That leads me to believe that the Sprint Music Store software is taking over the phone, using features I paid for when I bought the phone, to serve them instead of me. It's fine for them to present me with their products to sell whatever I'll buy, but it's not fine to rob me of the functionality built into the phone I bought to serve their ends by removing the usage from me, it seems to me!

Is malicious or capricious use of DRM administrative authority any different than other abuses of authority?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points