This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 1:09 AM by ARLEET2 RSS

Problems with Sprint

blazekj6 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Ok, so here is the deal. I have been a Sprint customer for over 7 years. I have been committed to Sprint because they usually work with me and have good customer service. Well over the past month I have had the worst service/customer service EVER. I got the new iPhone 5 thinking that it would be great, has the LTE service and is a great phone overall. Well I have been having service problems everywhere I go. I never get text messages on time and I lose phone calls all the time. I have called Sprint many of times and talked to customer service and techs about the problem. They told me that a tower was down in my area and would be up the next day. Well the problem I had was, I work at a Fire Department and I was on call that day. They tried to call me several times and the call never went through. Later in the day they called me and told me that if it was to happen again that I would lose my job. Well it is very frustrating when you can't depend on a service to meet your needs. So after that problem I contacted Sprint again. They told me that there was nothing they could do about it and that the service would be up again, tomorrow. Well the thing that made me very upset was, I was told that they have a 30 day return policy. So when I got the new iPhone and signed a new contract I thought I would give it a try. Well I have had terrible service since then. I have made many calls to Sprint and complained and they said tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.... So I was going to return the phone and go to a new service because they were doing nothing for me. So I called to return the phone and I was under the impression from the salesman that the return policy was 30 days. Well I called 17 days later and they said that I was over the return policy. I tried to explain that I was under that impression that it was 30 days and they told me that there was nothing they could do about it. Well since then I have had nothing but bad service with my phone. I always get text messages late and they don't send at times. I lose service all the time and calls get dropped. The thing that they told me was, there is nothing we can do about it. Like are you kidding me? They didn't even try to explain anything to me, just that there was nothing they can do about it.

• 1. Re: Problems with Sprint
    ARLEET2 Regular Visitor

I feel your pain, same thing here. I am a single parent with a special needs child.  No coverage in my work area. Sprint said it would be fixed in Feb 2013 do to their upgrades because they dont have enough capacity on their tower. They offered to give me $20 then $58.  I told them I want to cancel because no discount is going to make me have service. They say fine, just pony up $350 and you can cancel. Still going around and around on why I should have to pay an ETF when they cannot provide service in an area they claim to have service in.

Here are some suggestions that might work for you. Good luck.

Federal Communications Commission (FCC)

If you have a complaint regarding your cellular service and you do not receive satisfactory resolution from the company, you can file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission.  The FCC does not handle contractual disputes or violations of state deceptive advertising laws (file these complaints with state attorneys general).  The FCC forwards electronic and mail complaints to the service provider and directs the company to respond back to the Commission and the consumer within 30 days.

In order to file the complaint, consumers must submit:

·         their contact information,

·         the names of all companies involved in the dispute,

·         the names of company representatives contacted, and

·         the dates of correspondence with the company.

Consumers are also encouraged to maintain documentation of the billing or service problem.

The FCC accepts complaints by mail, telephone, fax, email and its online complaint page.

MAIL:
    Federal Communications Commission
    Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
    Consumer Complaints
    445 12th Street, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20554

PHONE: Toll Free: 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice
    TTY: 1-888-TELL- FCC (1-888-835-5322)
    FAX: 202-418-0232

Note: Not all FCC complaints result in fines or meaningful actions, but voicing concerns via the federal agency will ensure that disputes and inquiries are recorded and responded to.

State Attorney General Offices: Fraud And Contractual Discrepancies

State attorneys general and consumer protection offices will handle complaints about fraud and contract disputes.  Based on consumer complaints, state attorneys general have filed lawsuits against wireless companies, resulting in refunds to consumers and agreements by some companies to reform certain practices.

Find your Attorney General's Office here.

When filing a complaint with a state attorney general’s office, explain in detail, with documentation, what the problem is, who it is with, what you have done and what you want to be done:

·         Identify the business.  Include the name and current address of the business.  An agency will not be able to help very much without the firm's correct name and current address.

·         Describe the problem.  Describe as completely as you can the problem with the product or service you have purchased.  Were you told something that was untrue?  Describe what you were told and how it was untrue.

·         Explain what you want the business to do.  Specifically state how much money should be refunded or exactly how you want a product fixed or a service performed.

·         Include photocopies.  Always include photocopies of documents relevant to your complaint, including receipts, warranties, both sides of cancelled checks, contracts, etc.  Do not send originals. Only send copies, except upon request of the agency to which you are making your complaint (and if you’re asked to send the original, make sure you keep a copy).

State Public Utility Commission (PUC)

Each state has a government agency, generally called a ‘public utility commission’ or ‘PUC’, that oversees telephone companies. To locate your state’s ‘PUC’ on the web, visit the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners at and find your state on the interactive map or dropdown menu. PUC websites will typically provide contact info and/or online methods of filing a complaint.

• 2. Re: Problems with Sprint
    SANCHEZ0202 Newbie

Thanks so much for the information! I will be writting them or calling them first this tomorrow!

• 3. Re: Problems with Sprint
    ARLEET2 Regular Visitor

"Sprint Nextel has fallen behind Verizon Wireless and AT&T, the two largest wireless carriers in the U.S., in customer subscriptions and expansion of a fast data network called 4G Long-Term Evolution (LTE). Softbank says much of its $8 billion investment will go toward shoring up Sprint's network weakness."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2012/10/15/sprint-softbank-tokyo/1633911/

I think this about sums it up.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...