10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2013 5:32 PM by fireguy_6364 RSS

11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10

Enhancements/Fixes

- Improved text messaging when requesting usage and upgradeability through Sprint Zone

- Select number of users to access Wi-Fi hotspot

- Random power cycle when using Wi-Fi Direct

- Manually send or auto-sync emails from outbox

- seamless international text messaging

- Faster launch and playback using the YouTube application

- Improved browsing with Google Chrome for Android Mobile Browser

- Improved MMS functionality

Important Notes

- Software version is 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10

- Refer to the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update blog for install instructions

• 1. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    mikenav84 Newbie

This is directed at the creators of this UPDATE to the Photon 4G LTE not the messenger.

After receiving the UPDATE on Nov 6, 2012 my phone service has been completely shut down. My Data connection works fine but the wireless voice connection doesn't work at all.

Steps taken:

1) I checked my phone connection settings. ...It's set to SPRINT ONLY as opposed to Roaming, etc.

2) Calls made from my phone come back with a system message: " Error # 16 Switch 122 " then I hear, " You have reached your wireless service provider".....then I'm asked to enter my 10 digit wireless #. The system won't even recognize it.

3) I call my cell from a land line phone. The land line phone becomes disconnected after 2 rings...otherwise the land line phone works ok.

Question: How do I revert back to the condition of the device before the update was installed?

• 2. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

mikenav84 wrote:

This is directed at the creators of this UPDATE to the Photon 4G LTE not the messenger.

After receiving the UPDATE on Nov 6, 2012 my phone service has been completely shut down. My Data connection works fine but the wireless voice connection doesn't work at all.

Steps taken:

1) I checked my phone connection settings. ...It's set to SPRINT ONLY as opposed to Roaming, etc.

2) Calls made from my phone come back with a system message: " Error # 16 Switch 122 " then I hear, " You have reached your wireless service provider".....then I'm asked to enter my 10 digit wireless #. The system won't even recognize it.

3) I call my cell from a land line phone. The land line phone becomes disconnected after 2 rings...otherwise the land line phone works ok.

Question: How do I revert back to the condition of the device before the update was installed?

I have never seen a software update like this do that to a device. It has nothing to do with the phone itself or the update. If you stay on the phone after hearing error 16 it will connect you with a support agent that can fix the issue. The error actually states this if you stay on the line and don't hang up. It is a network authentication error that can usually be fixed in about 10-15 minutes if not faster. It has absolutely nothing to do with the update or software, it is network-side.

• 3. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    mikenav84 Newbie

Thanks Hal.... for your time.

Point # 2 in my message explains that I did in fact " Stay on the Line" by attempting to enter my 10 digit cell number. The system wouldn't even recognize it.

Bottom line: I had to call Sprint, they ' did what they do' while my phone was turned off and now it works fine.

Seeing as it's the first update to a brand new - right off the market phone, I guess the never-seen-this-before mold is broken, eh? Lol.....

Thanks again,

mikenav84

• 4. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    MSGTORD4944 Regular Visitor

I spent an hour on the phone last night to get the same problem fixed.  NO LUCK.  Support said I would get another device in the mail in 2 to 3 days. 

This will be my 3rd phone in a month.

• 5. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    IWILLARD0607 Newbie

I had the same problem after downloading the update, I was unable to make or receive phone calls or text messages.  After 2 hours of getting the run around, I finally found someone to help me.

Now I am having network issues.  My phone will not stay connected to the network. I have two other phones and a tablet on this account that have NOT had this problem.  I love this phone but the software problems is really starting to **** me off.

I want compensation for the headache. 

• 6. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    MSGTORD4944 Regular Visitor

Well, this new phone did the update yesterday and now I have the error msg VSNGP REGISTRATION RES.  ERROR 3.  Is there a fix already for this?

• 7. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    IWILLARD0607 Newbie

Well the antenna was bad on a phone that I have only had since AUGUST 17, 2012.  However, after some effort they did give another phone that someone had only had for 2 days so they say. But the slide out is a little wobbley and now I am receiving the following error VSNCP Registration Response - VSNCP Error 3: No P-GW Available.  What now????? Please let me know what I have to do to this this problem now.

• 8. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    this_is_mac Newbie

I can't install this update for some reason. First off, my phone is rooted and I have only used official software. When attempting to install this update, I can I get as far as my phone rebooting and going into recovery, and it gives me the following message:

E:failed to verifiy whole-file signature

E:signature verfication failed

I'm then given an option to "Install Untrusted Package? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE." and gives me a No and Yes- Install untrusted zip, and when when trying to install the untrusted Zip, it gives me this:

Installing update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="asanti_c" ||     getprop("ro.build.product") == "asanti_c"

E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.77.6.36.Xt897.Sprint.en.US.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Then, if I just reset my phone, it'll load up to the main screen, and then reboot. To solve it from rebooting every time, I had to format the cache so it would delete the update.

After formatting the cache, I can reboot my phone, it'll tell me the update failed for some reason, and it's perfectly fine. I simply just can't install the update correctly, and don't know where to go from here.

Any advice here?

• 9. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    harhoff21 Regular Visitor

did you ever get this installed? were you using a custom recovery? you need to use stock recovery, and have stock kernel and mostly stock system.

• 10. Re: 11/6 - Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE Software Update - 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10
    fireguy_6364 Master

i have seen that error one other time before..matter o fact thomas that posts in here was one of the ones that posted about this a couple years back lol.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...