6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 6:56 PM by cdiacono RSS

Ringer problem

cdiacono Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello--I am having a problem with the ringer on my Samsung Array. I already called Sprint about it, but the problem persists. It is, simply, that calls don't seem to be ringing through. They will go right to voicemail, even though the ringer is activated and the phone is not in airplane mode.

The volume is up, and ringtones are activated. I don't get many calls, but I'm concerned that the few I do need and want to get won't come through without going straight to voicemail.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Ringer problem
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Need a little more information   Do the calls go straight to  voicemail or does the it ring 5 or six times and go to voice mail?  Do any is your phone set to vibrate when a call comes in as well?  If not set the vibrate function and see if it vibrates if it does not ring.   That would confirm it is either a problem with the ringer system or the call not coming through to the phone

• 2. Re: Ringer problem
    cdiacono Newbie

The calls go straight to voicemail; I never hear a ring from an incoming call. All I ever hear is the voicemail ringtone.

I checked the vibrate function, and "vibrate" is off. I can try setting it to vibrate, as you suggest, and the next time I get a call, I'll see if that worked.

• 3. Re: Ringer problem
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

On calls going  straight to voicemail what I wanted to know is what the caller hears  straight to voice mail or do they hear the phone ringing first?

• 4. Re: Ringer problem
    cdiacono Newbie

Oh, sorry, I don't know what the caller hears. If and when it happens again, I'll ask. (The call today was, apparently, only from a telemarketer anyway.)

• 5. Re: Ringer problem
    cdiacono Newbie

Hello again--It just occurred to me to ask whether having the auto keyguard enabled was what the problem was. When I called Sprint for help, they called me on the phone and it did ring through as an incoming call, but at that time, the auto keyguard would have been off. Perhaps when it is on, incoming calls will not ring through?

• 6. Re: Ringer problem
    cdiacono Newbie

Just wanted to add an update. My phone just now rang fine; I had the auto keyguard disabled. I think the whole problem might have been that, before, I had the keyguard enabled and the phone "locked," and when in this mode, incoming calls will go right to voicemail. The ringer will not ring unless the phone is unlocked.

If anyone knows this to be incorrect, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm hoping I solved my problem. A final note that it would have been nice if Sprint had told me this when I first called about the problem . . . ? They didn't happen to tell me anything about auto keyguard making a difference.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points