3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 10:25 AM by Fergie_B RSS

Cannot View CNN/ESPN videos

DRAGOAN1 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my SIII and not sure what the problem is. When I visit the websites CNN or ESPN I cannot play their videos on my phone. I get a message that I have to either download Adobe Flashplayer (which I already have) or that the videos cannot play on my device. I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Flashplayer with no luck. I did see somewhere that Android 4.X and higher will not support flashplayer any longer. I have tried different browsers such as firefox, dolphin, and chrome with no luck. Anyone else having this problem? Any fixes or solutions? It seems absolutely insane to me that the best smartphone on the planet cannot play videos on certain websites.

• 1. Re: Cannot View CNN/ESPN videos
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

DARGOAN1,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your device.   Unfortunately, you are correct, flash is not currently supported for your device.  I would recommend checking the Google Playstore for an ESPN or CNN application.  There may be a pre-designed application that will work for your device.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

• 2. Re: Cannot View CNN/ESPN videos
    DRAGOAN1 Regular Visitor

Wow, I didnt even think of downloading the apps, I did and they actually do work for videos. Not the same as looking at the desktop website but better than nothing. Thank you very much for recommending that. Is this something that will continue as long as the websites have flashplayer videos? I really hate to think the SIII or future Galaxy S phones won't be able to do this forever.

• 3. Re: Cannot View CNN/ESPN videos
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

Well, I'm very glad that I was able to make a recommendation that worked for you.   As for the flash support, at this time I don't see the device supporting flash, so yes this would be the workaround in the interim.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points