This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 7:01 PM by mr.cell Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    mak_tech Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Good call out on the App.

• 31. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    W0MBAT Valued Member

Great to see LTE in Marin.

I too was at the movie theater at Smith Ranch Road in San Rafael and grabbed good 4G signal even inside the movie theater i was getting 6-10mbits.

• 32. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    jason.ford1 Newbie

Consistent 4G LTE is showing up in Palo Alto at Page Mill Rd and El Camino. Great signal and strong speeds.

photo.PNG

• 33. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    tztato Newbie

So today i was going to sf and read this before going ...and when i look at my phone i see the lte thing, then After i do a speedtest and got that speed

• 34. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    SIMCHALAND1 Valued Member

Meanwhile in southern Berkeley...

I can't even get reliable 3G service let alone LTE.

My service Talk and Data cuts in and out. And when I have service the speeds are often 29kbps down and 2kbps up. I've called Sprint at least 6 times over the course of three weeks and I get clueless reps who don't know anything. They claim that the tower in my area is being "updated." Well it's been 6 weeks of next to no service. That is completely unacceptable.

So, Network Vision would be nice. But I'd really like any service at this point.

I'm so frustrated. Does anyone at Sprint know what they are doing?

• 35. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    eugenesprintfremont Regular Visitor

This is a known problem with us Sprint and iPhone 5 users. I had this problem for 2 weeks until Sprint told me to do a complete factory reset of my phone.

Backup your iPhone with iTunes or iCloud and then do the following. This worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Settings

General

Reset

Erase All Content and Settings

• 36. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5

I'm not an iPhone5 user, thank goodness. I'm an HTC EVO 4G LTE user. Nothing is wrong with my phone. All of the customer service reps walked me through calibrating my phone each time I called trying to blame my phone for the problems and all of them found out (which I already told them) that the problem is not with my phone, it's the network. Again, the problem is with the network (or lack thereof) here in southern Berkeley. They've dropped the ball here and they continue dropping the ball. I'm very dissatisfied with Sprint. I've had 6-7 weeks of almost no coverage at work in a major metropolitan area (southern Berkeley/Bay Area) and all they have been able to claim is that the tower in my area that my phone should be accessing is either in the process of being upgraded or already upgraded. That's not even the truth and they know it. So Sprint lies to their customers too.

I have to say that I'm not impressed at all with Sprint's network here. Sprint needs to get their act together or they will lose customers in the East Bay. I'm not the only one who is frustrated about the utter lack of any real response to the network issues in this area. No one over at Sprint seems to care or knows what to do about it. They sometimes deny that there is an issue until I prove it to them using my phone and giving them signal strength and other readings. I've found that all of the Customer Service Reps, Technicians, and their supervisors with whom I have had to speak are completely incompetent, ignorant, and don't seem to really care about solving the problem. Every time I call we have to start at step one which consists of whoever I'm talking to at Sprint immediately blaming my phone for the problem. After over 45 minutes of testing, etc., it never turns out to be my phone. I prove to them that it is their network. Then they send a "technician" out to the tower who tests the tower and he or she claims that there is no problem. I call again and we go through the entire process again. I did it at least 6 times over 3 weeks. And each time they kept calling me telling me that they were going to close the ticket unless I called back within 48 hours because they "needed more information." What more information do you need when we've sat on the phone for over 45 minutes each time six times in a row testing the network and finding the same problems with the network?

No, I'm not at all satisfied with Sprint these days. If LTE launches here in the Bay Area and I still don't have reliable service here in Berkeley, I'm going to dump Sprint and I will get out of paying any early termination fee because it's Sprint's fault for not attending to proper network maintenance and for not listening to their customers, or even having clue enough to take care of the problem. I shouldn't have to work harder than Sprint to resolve a major network issue.

• 37. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    mak_tech Valued Member

Initiating a service update on my phone has helped with poor connectivity issues - not with speed.

To initiate this, dial: ##UPDATE# and then press call.

It may take a few minutes for our phone to regain service. I tend to do this when I travel to different areas. It doesn't seem to hurt and seems like I'm doing more than just a power cycle or airplane mode off/on.

• 38. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    bo_h Newbie

You don't have to do the factory reset which erases all your data.

Dial ##873283# from your phone keypad and press the green "Call" button will reset RF of your iPhone. It took one to two minutes to finish on my iPhone5. It does have some improvement sometimes.

• 40. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    hachi.roku Regular Visitor

It seems 3G has been shotty ever since Sprint has taken on new customers every quarter.  From reading up on Sprint they really can't do much as they are currently rebuilding their infrastructure.  With the deployment of LTE, this also forces them to update their Towers and base stations to newer hardware that can also support Network Vision.  Sadly Network Vision cannot go up before, and must go up after LTE has been deployed for public use in your city.  From a business standpoint, Sprint couldn't expand the network infrastructure pre launch like Verizon did for their LTE networks due to cash at hand.  Sprint was in the red for quite sometime.  If Sprint gets purchased by Softbank, this could mean huge funding and fast forwarded network build out.  Though, this will take 2-4 years of restructuring if that were to occur.

Not saying you should stay or leave Sprint...that is just what is going on with Sprint right now.

SIMCHALAND1 wrote:

Meanwhile in southern Berkeley...

I can't even get reliable 3G service let alone LTE.

My service Talk and Data cuts in and out. And when I have service the speeds are often 29kbps down and 2kbps up. I've called Sprint at least 6 times over the course of three weeks and I get clueless reps who don't know anything. They claim that the tower in my area is being "updated." Well it's been 6 weeks of next to no service. That is completely unacceptable.

So, Network Vision would be nice. But I'd really like any service at this point.

I'm so frustrated. Does anyone at Sprint know what they are doing?

• 41. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5

Thank you for your response. It's much more information than any Sprint Rep has ever been able to provide me.

So basically they are lying to me when they tell me that they will go to the tower and fix it, right? Because I've been assured that at least six times over the past two months and I still have the same problem here in Berkeley.

I just hate being lied to and I resent the complete lack of care that Sprint has shown in making sure that we loyal customers don't get screwed while they attempt to "improve" their network.

They deserve to get bought out. Hopefully Softbank will do a complete house cleaning and replace all Sprint Reps with people who have a clue and actually care about customer service. One can only hope.

• 42. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    hachi.roku Regular Visitor

yeah...i was in the market to dump my savings into purchasing sprint stock when they were at 3 dollars a share...took 5 business days to validate my broakerage account, and within 3 days the price jumped to 4 now 5 dollars a share...  i've been researching sprint for some time now.

SIMCHALAND1 wrote:

Thank you for your response. It's much more information than any Sprint Rep has ever been able to provide me.

So basically they are lying to me when they tell me that they will go to the tower and fix it, right? Because I've been assured that at least six times over the past two months and I still have the same problem here in Berkeley.

I just hate being lied to and I resent the complete lack of care that Sprint has shown in making sure that we loyal customers don't get screwed while they attempt to "improve" their network.

They deserve to get bought out. Hopefully Softbank will do a complete house cleaning and replace all Sprint Reps with people who have a clue and actually care about customer service. One can only hope.

• 43. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    mak_tech Valued Member

In San Francisco today...

IMG_0641.JPG

• 44. Re: LTE in Bay Area California! iPhone 5
    fireguy_6364 Master

thats odd..att park has been lit up with LTE for quite a while now..wonder what happened?...matter oh fact if im remembering right the quickest speedtest i have seen posted with a screen shot was done right around there and hit 39mbps..which phone are you rolling by the way?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...