This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 10:39 AM by HEXONE4LIFE RSS

Data speed unacceptable Allentown Pa

HEXONE4LIFE Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Ok I have been giving Sprint a chance for months now.  I live in the area of 18109.  The data speeds are so slow it takes me 5 Minutes to load a youtube video on low quality.  I'm at a point to just pay off the termination fee.  Does anyone know when they will upgrade the network here?    

• 1. Re: Data speed unacceptable Allentown Pa
    -D4V1D- Silver Expert

HEXONE4LIFE,

I can certainly appreciate your sense of frustration, but hopefully this will help a bit... We have been aware and working on increasing voice and data capacity in your area for quite a while.  Good news is that the ticket was just updated a week ago and looks like they will have the upgrades completed by the end of the month.  This will help out a great deal in regards to slow data. Ticket number 10044 for your reference.

Thanks,

*David C

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: Data speed unacceptable Allentown Pa

I appreciate your responce but that is the problem.  I have been calling for months and I keep hearing about the upgrades.  I have yet to see any perfomance change.  In fact it's getting worst.  I'm dropping calls and the data is slower then ever.  I have called multiple times and spoken with supervisors.  I keep getting promisses and supposed discounts when the isssue is resolved.  You guys have until then end of November.  If I dont see any difference I will pay the termination Fee. 

_D4V1D_ wrote:

HEXONE4LIFE,

I can certainly appreciate your sense of frustration, but hopefully this will help a bit... We have been aware and working on increasing voice and data capacity in your area for quite a while.  Good news is that the ticket was just updated a week ago and looks like they will have the upgrades completed by the end of the month.  This will help out a great deal in regards to slow data. Ticket number 10044 for your reference.

Thanks,

*David C

Sprint Social Care Team

• 3. Re: Data speed unacceptable Allentown Pa
    Spike420 Newbie

I can relate and raise you your frustration X's 10,000. Listen to this ****.. I bought a Motorola Photon 4g dual core processing phone on December 30 last year, 2 weeks into a 2 year contract, I noticed the videos were buffing more than they played, the built in play store keep saying connection error please retry, 3g speeds were a joke n took upto 1 full minute to load completely and most of the time the pics on the page would be just white boxes w blue question time marks so would have to refresh & start the looping process over! The 4g had lil or no speed increase and would go to sleep in the middle of loading a page causing it to crash so..yep had to back out and or refresh it!! And let's not forget when I try to pinch to expand a video it turned the screen white and a grey exclamation mark appeared where the video was playing!! GREAT SERVICE HUH!!! Took to Sprint service center n was told nothing was wronge w phone must be a tower issue, called *2 after 2 hrs n 4 transfers later was told there were no trouble tickets or tower issues in my area of 44133 North Royalton Ohio, nothing they could do go to service repair center, so went to different repair store 1wk later, told same thing nothing wronge call *2. 3 wish later back of my phone was heating up to the point my had would sweat, took to Sprint was told that was normal!! They said its like a mini computer, I said yeah but a computer has a fan to cool it, so 2I wish later n 4 more calls to *2 STILL NO FIX!! And now the face of the phone was heating up Sprint said to call Motorola, sent phone to them they replaced the hardware but no improvement w the videos or speed, called *2 same drill 2hrs no results, 2wks after had the software replaced by Motorola still no fix!! They then sent me a brand new phone, yep still the same **** issues!! Called *2 for about the 40th time to get a discount on me bill because I wasn't getting the SERVICES I WAS PAYING $170.00 A MONTH FOR 2 LINES!! Lol here's one of the best parts THEY HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME I WASN'T ABLE TO RECEIVE A DISCOUNT BECAUSE I HAD USED TOO MUCH DATA!!! LOL I SAID HEY GENIUS IF IT TAKES 20 MIN TO WATCH A 7MIN VIDEO AND THE PAGES KEEP CRASHING AND TAKING 3 TIMES LONGER TO LOAD THAN THE ADVERTISED BLAZING FAST SPEEDS, OF COURSE IM GONNA BE USING SUBSTANTIALLY MORE DATA!! Nope nothing!! Called week later asked how to get a problem ticket put in, of course I had to research this cause nobody ever suggested this to me from sprint!! They did week later no call back from tech like was promised, was told the ticket was closed cause problem was fixed!! Told them NOTHING WAS FIXED!!!! Said they would escalate the issue and call me back in 24-72 hrs, so 4 days later AND NO CALL BACK!! I called *2 ( for NO EXAGGERATION THE 100+ TIME IN 8 **** MONTHS) was told the ticket was still closed and was not reopened nor escalated!!! Was told by a manager that the reason was I wasn't in a 4g coverage area (but I am) and I was in a fair coverage area (even tho I have full bars 4n3g) so there WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO!! THEY WOULD TRANSFER ME TO THE CANCELLATION DEPT IF I'd like!! Told them that's bs Im not paying 600$ to cancel my contact I WANT THEM TO DO THERE **** JOBS AND FIX THE BROADBAND ISSUE! BECAUSE IM PAYING FULL PRICE FOR HALF MY CONTRACTED SERVICES!! HERE'S THE BEST PART SHE THEN HUNG UP ON ME! Went into the new Corporate Sprint store Parma told them all I've posted and THEY TOLD ME THEY DON'T DEAL WITH TOWER ISSUES I HAD TO CALL *2 LOL ***!!! ASKED FOR A NUMBER TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ON A CORPORATE LEVEL AND SHE SAID THEY DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER # JUST *2!! SO WHAT THE F*@#* THIS IS HOW SPRINT CUSTOMERS ARE VALUED AND THERE CONTRACTS HONORED!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHOM FROM SPRINT HAS THE TESTICULARS TO RESPOND AND WHAT THERE ANSWERS AND OR RESPONSE IS!!!!! I'LL POST TIME AND MANNER IN WHICH THEY RESPOND AND ANY YIELDED CONCLUSION OTHER THAN OFFER TO CANCEL LIKE THE LAST INTERACTION!!

• 4. Re: Data speed unacceptable Allentown Pa

I can relate to the frustration.  These termination fee's are expensive.    Sprint has until this month before I cancel.

Spike420 wrote:

I can relate and raise you your frustration X's 10,000. Listen to this ****.. I bought a Motorola Photon 4g dual core processing phone on December 30 last year, 2 weeks into a 2 year contract, I noticed the videos were buffing more than they played, the built in play store keep saying connection error please retry, 3g speeds were a joke n took upto 1 full minute to load completely and most of the time the pics on the page would be just white boxes w blue question time marks so would have to refresh & start the looping process over! The 4g had lil or no speed increase and would go to sleep in the middle of loading a page causing it to crash so..yep had to back out and or refresh it!! And let's not forget when I try to pinch to expand a video it turned the screen white and a grey exclamation mark appeared where the video was playing!! GREAT SERVICE HUH!!! Took to Sprint service center n was told nothing was wronge w phone must be a tower issue, called *2 after 2 hrs n 4 transfers later was told there were no trouble tickets or tower issues in my area of 44133 North Royalton Ohio, nothing they could do go to service repair center, so went to different repair store 1wk later, told same thing nothing wronge call *2. 3 wish later back of my phone was heating up to the point my had would sweat, took to Sprint was told that was normal!! They said its like a mini computer, I said yeah but a computer has a fan to cool it, so 2I wish later n 4 more calls to *2 STILL NO FIX!! And now the face of the phone was heating up Sprint said to call Motorola, sent phone to them they replaced the hardware but no improvement w the videos or speed, called *2 same drill 2hrs no results, 2wks after had the software replaced by Motorola still no fix!! They then sent me a brand new phone, yep still the same **** issues!! Called *2 for about the 40th time to get a discount on me bill because I wasn't getting the SERVICES I WAS PAYING $170.00 A MONTH FOR 2 LINES!! Lol here's one of the best parts THEY HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME I WASN'T ABLE TO RECEIVE A DISCOUNT BECAUSE I HAD USED TOO MUCH DATA!!! LOL I SAID HEY GENIUS IF IT TAKES 20 MIN TO WATCH A 7MIN VIDEO AND THE PAGES KEEP CRASHING AND TAKING 3 TIMES LONGER TO LOAD THAN THE ADVERTISED BLAZING FAST SPEEDS, OF COURSE IM GONNA BE USING SUBSTANTIALLY MORE DATA!! Nope nothing!! Called week later asked how to get a problem ticket put in, of course I had to research this cause nobody ever suggested this to me from sprint!! They did week later no call back from tech like was promised, was told the ticket was closed cause problem was fixed!! Told them NOTHING WAS FIXED!!!! Said they would escalate the issue and call me back in 24-72 hrs, so 4 days later AND NO CALL BACK!! I called *2 ( for NO EXAGGERATION THE 100+ TIME IN 8 **** MONTHS) was told the ticket was still closed and was not reopened nor escalated!!! Was told by a manager that the reason was I wasn't in a 4g coverage area (but I am) and I was in a fair coverage area (even tho I have full bars 4n3g) so there WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO!! THEY WOULD TRANSFER ME TO THE CANCELLATION DEPT IF I'd like!! Told them that's bs Im not paying 600$ to cancel my contact I WANT THEM TO DO THERE **** JOBS AND FIX THE BROADBAND ISSUE! BECAUSE IM PAYING FULL PRICE FOR HALF MY CONTRACTED SERVICES!! HERE'S THE BEST PART SHE THEN HUNG UP ON ME! Went into the new Corporate Sprint store Parma told them all I've posted and THEY TOLD ME THEY DON'T DEAL WITH TOWER ISSUES I HAD TO CALL *2 LOL ***!!! ASKED FOR A NUMBER TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ON A CORPORATE LEVEL AND SHE SAID THEY DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER # JUST *2!! SO WHAT THE F*@#* THIS IS HOW SPRINT CUSTOMERS ARE VALUED AND THERE CONTRACTS HONORED!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHOM FROM SPRINT HAS THE TESTICULARS TO RESPOND AND WHAT THERE ANSWERS AND OR RESPONSE IS!!!!! I'LL POST TIME AND MANNER IN WHICH THEY RESPOND AND ANY YIELDED CONCLUSION OTHER THAN OFFER TO CANCEL LIKE THE LAST INTERACTION!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...