1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2012 5:51 PM by Pursegal.Trish Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    NickLanghals Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

I have 2 Epic Touch 4G phones on my account. Both are setup with Google Voice integration (using Sprint number as "the" number). Neither phone will ring through to the handset. When you call, it rings multiple times, then goes to voicemail. GV then notifies of missed call or VM. If I'm logged into Gmail (and have GV setup to forward calls to Google Chat, then it rings fine through to there. My sprint number (aka google voice number) also forwards to my office land line fine. So Google voice is working, it's the integration between that and Sprint while using the same number that is not connecting for me.

• 16. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    neospade Newbie

I have to Sprint phones, my wifes and mine, with the Sprint/Google voice integration (one phone number) and I am unable to make or receive calls. If I call a landline it'll go through but they cannot hear me, I'll just here ringing and ringing. If I call my wifes cell phone her phone won't ring at all and I'll hear the ringing and ringing and eventually be prompted to her voicemail.  What is wrong?!  Is this a Sprint or Google concern or combination of both?

• 17. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    icelynx1 Newbie

I've been having the busy signal issues for a few weeks, and the no incoming calls started just the past couple days. It's more likely Sprint, because any other numbers GV forwards to ring without issues. I'm taking it as a sign to just eat the $150 and switch to Verizon to get real service.

• 18. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    NickLanghals Newbie

I logged into my google voice settings. Turned off forwarding to my cell. then immediately turned it back on. Now it is ringing again. Not sure if this is a permanent fix or temporary, but at least it's working again.

• 19. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    mooky78 Newbie

Just wanted to chime in too. I just got to this thread through a google search. Same situation started happening to me Nov 5th. I started not getting any calls but only missed message alerts. Tried calling myself from another line and it doesn't ring my cell phone only my gchat forwarded phone. I changed no settings. Tried different combinations, like unchecking forwarding and checking it back. Disabling GV and then restarting it, etc, etc. It'll work for 1 time, where I'll call myself and then my cell rings and then my gchat phone rings. Both should ring, like it always has. Then I try 10min later, same problem, cell does not ring but gchat phone rings.

For now, I disabled google voice on my account.

Here's the kicker, my wife same situation, both of us have sprint numbers integrated into google voice, everything the same, it works for her just fine. So I think there's a glitch but not for all, so chances of getting this fixed could be low priority.

• 20. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    mooky78 Newbie

NickLanghals wrote:

I logged into my google voice settings. Turned off forwarding to my cell. then immediately turned it back on. Now it is ringing again. Not sure if this is a permanent fix or temporary, but at least it's working again.

Not a permenant fix for me. It worked once, try again in 1 hour and see if it sticks. Mine works for the first couple of calls, when I try again later, same situation, cell doesn't ring only gchat connected phone.

• 21. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    NickLanghals Newbie

As of right now, ~8 hours later, mine is still ringing after the uncheck and recheck.

mooky78 wrote:

NickLanghals wrote:

Not a permenant fix for me. It worked once, try again in 1 hour and see if it sticks. Mine works for the first couple of calls, when I try again later, same situation, cell doesn't ring only gchat connected phone.

• 22. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    SAMUEL513 Newbie

Hi all, I believe it is the Google Voice app on your phone.  There was a recent update and it has wreaked havoc across the board.  The problem is that Google will not acknowledge or respond.  Usually, someone will jump on that is official Google tech in their help community forums/boards, ask for some basic info, let you know that "they are looking into it."  Nobody hears anything for weeks (or months) and a new update is pushed magically pushed out to Google Play.

You can continue to use Google Voice, but you'd have disable the actual app on your phone and use the mobile browser interface to interact with your Google Voice account on the go.  It's slow, especially here on Sprint, but it's the current work around until the app is fixed.

The app is essentially preventing ANY calls from coming through.

• 23. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    KINGSCHARM994 Regular Visitor

Your wifes phone is working fine with google voice, but yours is not.  I am wondering if switching phones would help?  I am elegible for an upgrade and was thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy Note.  Although last time I checked they didn't have any in stock.

• 24. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    SteveC2012 Newbie

I thought I would chime in as I talked to a service rep in the store today.  Quick background - I had the Samsung Epic 4g (not touch).  I recently switched to the Note 2.  With both phones I had the issue starting towards the end of October (Epic) and beginning of November (Note 2) where sporadically when making a call, I would get a quick ring and a busy signal or sometimes a straight busy signal.  I was also not receiving calls - some calls yes, some no.  Since it happened on both phones, it leads me to belive it is more of a phone number issue than a phone hardware issue.

For those that have suggested the Google Voice app is the issue, I don't believe that to be the case.  According to those I've talked to, it happens to people that have made their Sprint number, their Google Voice number.  In order to remedy this, you actually have to deactivate your Sprint phone number from Google Voice on the web.  You should be able to find how to do this at this website: https://www.google.com/voice

Just do this until you see people posting that google has fixed the issue.

• 25. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    blurped1952 Newbie

We're having the same issue with Google voice--it's not ringing through. Been fighting with it for a month. Why isn't Sprint addressing this widespread problem???

• 26. Re: Google Voice activated, but not receiving calls, busy signals, etc
    Pursegal.Trish Newbie

I too have been having issues with missing text messages and voice announced calls that I didn't set up. I was on the phone with tech support when I found your post. THANK YOU.  I follwed the link to Google and there was the solution. I told tech support about it.  Google voice had all my missing messages and an unchecked box saying "receive text messages on this phone". SOLVED the problem.  THANKS.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points