This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2012 5:49 PM by DAVIDEBSMITH0 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago
    Shadowsfixer Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

I have done that and it will still flip back, even without automatic.  When I spent a night up by Gurnee, it stayed on the right time all night, even with automatic selected.  As soon as I reached the northern part of Chicago, about the Irving Park area on the highway, it switched back to Eastern.  The time it takes to flip back seems to vary. 

• 16. Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago
    PerkyGoth Newbie

My phone won't let me uncheck the automatic setting! Most of the choices under "date and time" are completely grayed out, in fact. Looking at the user guide PDF online off of Motorola's website, it appears that the only date and time settings that I'm supposed to have access to are the two display formats (24hr time or not, and how would I like the date to look). Not sure I want to bother wrangling with customer service to unlock the rest of the settings.

• 17. Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago
    dcinchicago Newbie

My G2 did the flip between CT and ET in the morning yesterday, and then after an update pushed through it now flips between CT and UTC0 which is 6 hours ahead.  Thanks to that I got to enjoy my 7:40 am alarm going off at 1:40am.  Not pleasant.  My phone also seems able to flip the manual time zone switch back to automatic.  I have a number of alarms set through the day so this has been very trying.  I am going to try updating the PRL and Profile (AGAIN) and hope that the madness ends.

• 18. Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago
    AndeBria Newbie

I have been dealing with this issue since Monday 11/5. I work in the Loop and live in Rogers Park. My time works fine at home, but as soon as I get to work, my phone switches to Eastern time!! Ive tried every fix and it nothing works to keep the time to what I set it to. I have a G2 Epic Touch. Luckily i have a tablet to keep up with the time, but this is still very inconvenient.

• 19. Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago
    PerkyGoth Newbie

I don't want to jinx things, but my phone appeared to behave itself today. It didn't flip over to ET even once. Are other folks still seeing the problem, or is it in the process of being fixed?

• 20. Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago
    DAVIDEBSMITH0 Regular Visitor

My phone was still doing it a half hour ago.

I also talked to Sprint tonight and there is a service ticket in process but not yet to the network people. The representative thought it was useful information that there is a discussion here and many people are having the same issue on different phones in different locations around town, so people should keep complaining. The rep actually did a really good job of collecting info on the problem and didn't just read from the usual restart, factory reset, bring it in for service script.

• 21. Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago
    IlliniBooth Newbie

Nope.  Happening right now.

• 22. Re: Time zone flipping from CT to ET in Chicago
    DAVIDEBSMITH0 Regular Visitor

Well, that was a useless follow-up call from Sprint.

They had me turn my phone off and on and wait to see if the time zone changes. I explained that it happens intermittantly, it happens on more than one phone, it happens to multiple people, and it's probably a network issue. The rep said that unless it happened right now, he couldn't escalate it to a network ticket. So we sat there for a few minutes waiting to see if it would happen, which of course it didn't.

So I'll leave it on automatic time zone for a while. Maybe whatever was messed up on the network end straightened itself out.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points