This discussion is archived
1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 162 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2013 8:46 AM by jld31068 Go to original post RSS
  • 105. Re: Windows Phone 8
    KCOVERT66 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

My Lumia 920 arrives tomorrow from AT&T, officially ending a very long chapter with Sprint and final post here. Wish you all the best, you deserve it! Just not going to come from Sprint.

• 106. Re: Windows Phone 8
    Shizzapro Regular Visitor

shut the helk up!!! what color did you get? I ordered mine yesterday morning around 8am east coast and they told me that it would not be in my hands till 12th - 14th... I read something about the yellow being a little behind some of the other colors... But you have to filter what you read on the internet because so much of it is not true...

• 107. Re: Windows Phone 8
    Brian121334 Regular Visitor

I'm not feeling good towards Sprint right now, but I have to say I'll never go to AT&T.  I really hate them.

I guess it's T-Mobile for me.

• 108. Re: Windows Phone 8

Guess I'm still posting haha. I got it through AT&Ts Premier program, its corporate accounts. Is yellow and my email confirmation said it would arrive tomorrow. Ordered a white one too but it won’t arrive until the 14th.

I don’t think anyone’s getting a 920 variant anytime soon Brian.

• 109. Re: Windows Phone 8

That's weird, I purchased mine through a business corp premier account as well and got the 14th date... I wonder how they come up with that date on some but not others... T-mobile blows.. I had them back when it was Powertel, then Voicestream then T-mobile... During the Powertel days you couldn't have paid me to switch but then they went down hill and guess what..... Drum roll.... they are number four now.... behind sprint lol, if sprint sucks why would anyone want to go to T-mobile and why would you want anything but the best (920)

• 110. Re: Windows Phone 8
    RobJGood Newbie

Very sad. After 15 years with Sprint, my 4 family members moved to AT&T.

For $100, you get a Lumia 920 (any color) and a black *wireless* charger for free (normally $45.) $35 activation fee.

Plan is $40 for 1gb + $45 per phone.

My wife got yellow 920, I got blue. My sis got a pink 900.

Be safe all!

• 111. Re: Windows Phone 8
    WarlockGCS2 Newbie

Ordered a red one yesterday, order was processed this morning and I don't know yet when I'll have it.

• 112. Re: Windows Phone 8

Called after seeing your date and they said it hadn't shipped yet so tomorrow is doubtful. Wonder if people that head into the stores tomorrow will walk away with one.

• 113. Re: Windows Phone 8
    NunoAlcinaSantos Regular Visitor

I called 6 of the closest stores and only 1 will have a limited supply of black on hand. My area maybe different then the rest as I'm on the Jersey Shore, where most stores are waiting on delayed shipments due to the SuperStorm.

Hopefully the other stores around the country fair better.

So long Sprint, we warned you, we gave you time, you gave us nothing.

• 114. Re: Windows Phone 8
    Brian121334 Regular Visitor

Shizzapro, my experience with T-Mobile was good.  I liked them quite a bit back in the day.

I don't know what you consider "the best", but AT&T is the worst ever.  No flat-rate plan at all.  Plus, they contribute to political causes that I do not agree with, and they contribute more than all the other phone carriers combined.  That's important to me.

People who want a flat-rate plan have two options that I know of--Sprint or T-Mobile.  Since Sprint has no WP8, that leaves only T-Mobile.  They're cheaper than Sprint and had good service when I had them before, so I don't mind.

I do think their price on the Windows 8X phone is too much, however.  $199.  That's not a competitive price.

• 115. Re: Windows Phone 8

I can't speak for all the T-mobile coverage, but here in north east metro Atlanta its blows or did blow that was 4 1/2 years ago when I switched from them to sprint after over 10 years with T-bag. Here is the deal with the flat rate, I don't use an amount of data that would push me over the 3gig plan at att... and I will pay the same for better service and by that I mean 4g, I have paid 10 bucks extra a month for about 2 1/2 years... for what, not for 4g that's for sure... I'm not saying that att is "the best", but lets be honest in terms of phone line up and services provided or better yet clout in the industry... How long did they have the lock down on the iphone? Who did Jobs go to, to be the carrier... He wasn't looking at sprint in terms of being able to support something considered a huge gamble at the time... I don't care about politics at all, helk for that matter I didn't even vote.... thats how much I don't care. The price on the 8x is a "in line" price... Think about it.. HTC is not feeling the pain as much as nokia is and they need this phone to be a hit otherwise there fate is sealed. The thing that burns me most is that sprint threw all the chips at the iphone and helk I don't blame them its a great phone, not my bag but its a great phone, why couldn't they at least got the 8x.. I might have stayed for the 8x, cried for the 920 lol but might have considered the options.. But I swear by them not offering anything... that was the deal breaker.. Android was a nice change from shizzy windows mobile 6.5, but andriod became stale fast, so that only left you to root and load custom roms to take care of that itch, but even that was blah... I was playing with a new touch screen windows 8 laptop today and its amazing.. you see what's happening and the changes that are coming.. You want to be a part of that, not hanging with a company that offers no choice... Sprint needs to be a leader not a late comer... I don't want a windows phone when its been out for a year... I want to feel the excitement when I know I'm getting something before so many other people... Next on my list is the pro surface tab....

• 116. Re: Windows Phone 8

Can appreciate your sentiments Brain and hope thier giving doesn’t rub me the wrong way. On the data I checked my usage off my Sprint bill and despite my heavy use I average between 300 and 400MB usage per month. I purchased the 6GB plan at AT&T, way overkill I think. The average movie streamed to your device is 300MB. So if I only watched movies all month long I could do 20 movies a month without incurring the $10 per additional gigabyte they charge. Basically this means that the Sprint unlimited data plan didn’t represent a lot of value or savings over competitors for  me.

• 117. Re: Windows Phone 8

Shipping update:

My yellow one was marked for delivery today in the original email confirmation, my son's white one the 14th. New email says his has shipped with expected delivery on Monday while mine is still in order processing state. So it looks like yellow is going to take longer to get.

• 118. Re: Windows Phone 8

I can't remember where I read but I remember something about the yellow taking a bit longer.... My yellow says processing as well... I have switch crack head mode from checking 1,000 times a day for the pre-order date to checking 1,000 times on the status of my order... I really just can't wait to get it.. I all ready have all my info for porting with att, all I have to do is make the call to activate and its all done.. I suppose I will have to call sprint to "officially" cancel my service but thats just whatever... As far as my data usage goes, I use on average 1.3 gig a month.. Mostly because I stream YouTube from my phone to my car radio while driving to and from work. Thats it.. I don't watch movies on my phone and if I'm at home I'm on wifi. I have super fast cable so it's even better than the 4g.. Anyone else on this post thinking about the 8x over the 920?

• 119. Re: Windows Phone 8
    RROBINSON0001 Regular Visitor

Maybe there is Light at the end of the tunnel.  Been finding stories like this all over the net.  My only fear is Sprint might wait to long and everyone that wants a Windows Phone may have jumped ship to another phone company.

Although Windows Phone 8 devices have been confirmed for T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon, major carrier Sprint has been notably left out. 

The carrier has today noted on the mobile operating system, promising devices for next year: "Sprint and Microsoft are partnering to bring Windows Phone 8 to Sprint's customers - operating on its 4G LTE network - next year."

Sprint is the U.S.' third largest carrier, with over 56 million subscribers. The company was recently acquired by Japan's Softbank, and also recently made a deal with U.S. Cellular for subscribers and spectrum.

This year, the company offered a single Windows Phone 7 handset, the HTC Arrive, which was low-end and sold poorly.

AT&T remains the premier carrier partner, with the new high-end Lumia 920 and HTC 8X getting there first.

1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...