This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 32 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 7:12 PM by c_brookhart Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    idkblah00 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

I live in zip code 11101 and keep getting failed calls and not receiving any calls.

• 16. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

You are in an area that is still being effected by Sandy.  We are still working to restore service to everyone as fast as possible

• 17. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    GeorgeELMSNY Social Care

zilly5,

I checked that area in New Jersey. Currently our techs are working on several sites that are down in that area due to Hurricane Sandy. And also from the tech service notes the recent Nor'easter storm that happen has also caused some additional concerns as well. We do greatly appreciate your patience in regards to this matter.

Please be safe and thank you for choosing Sprint,

--George

• 18. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    Neile Newbie

I live in 23898 zip and called Sprint tonight. Because over the last 2 days 3G data began getting constantly dropped for my wireless modem for internet. I'm in a rural area but even when only a couple bars showing data has flowed fine. They mentioned damage from Sandy, but we were fine being somewhat inland. They said that the towers were being rerouted because of work on other damaged towers, so banwidth is down. They mentioned nothing about reporting my sittuation. But if its only temporary I will be fine. This is the first time even being in a fring area I have had such a hard time staying online. Cant hardly stay on long enough to get stuff done. I rely on my Sprint service for everything, Phone, Internet, paying bills, etc. Hope there is resoloution soon.

• 19. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    CustomerSince2001 Valued Member

seems like all carriers except Sprint was able to restore...what's going on? i'm in the heart of New york might as well be in the desert. wouldn't be able to tell the difference with Sprint

• 20. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    MUDMAIDEN1283 Newbie

My phone had little to no service starting the day after the hurricane.. I.was unable to contact anyone.  My service agreement with sprint is up next month so I went and bought a verizon phone (best service I have EVER had).  When I was finally able to contact sprint Nov 5th I was told that they WOULD NOT waive my early termination fee nor was I being reimbursed for my lost time with no service.  I have contacted the FCC about this.  It amazes me that every other carrier had at least minimal service through this entire thing.  I guess the hurricane only took down the sprint towers.  Been with Sprint for 10 years and this is how I got treated..This company is a disgrace and I intend to make sure every one knows this!!!!

• 21. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    Altimuh7 Regular Visitor

MUDMAIDEN1283 wrote:

My phone had little to no service starting the day after the hurricane.. I.was unable to contact anyone.  My service agreement with sprint is up next month so I went and bought a verizon phone (best service I have EVER had).  When I was finally able to contact sprint Nov 5th I was told that they WOULD NOT waive my early termination fee nor was I being reimbursed for my lost time with no service.  I have contacted the FCC about this.  It amazes me that every other carrier had at least minimal service through this entire thing.  I guess the hurricane only took down the sprint towers.  Been with Sprint for 10 years and this is how I got treated..This company is a disgrace and I intend to make sure every one knows this!!!!

My sentiments exactly.  I just don't have the guts to switch - but every day that trods on longer without service gets me closer and closer to switching over to a reliable company and not one that cares only about making itself $ and screwing with it's customers.

There's no reason that ONLY Sprint towers sustained the damage, and that every other carrier was spared.  How come every other carrier is back to normal and we have to deal with this "Because of Hurricane Sandy... NorEaster...we're working on the towers in your area... etc"

Stop giving your customers a line (pun not intended - but we're already used to not having a line or service from you, and now would appreciate not a line or being lied to), and start fixing the problem!

• 22. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    LarryL_NJ Newbie

I'm in zip 08902, been having sporadic problems with making calls and there is no internet connecton.  Might have a problem with a tower possibly in the next town over, Milltown

• 23. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    isael_perez Regular Visitor

Same here.... Looks like another 10+ year customer gone to Verizon. Sprint is anyone listening.... I have posted as well my thoughts

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/102921?tstart=0

Really sad....

I have gotten well over 70 views and not one person can respond

• 24. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    isael_perez Regular Visitor

The best part was that there was a AT&T Mobile van in my area soon after the effects of Sandy in Lower Manhattan. They also had charging stations for people to charge up. The mobile van, I was passing by on City bus, looks to have a satalite dish on top, so i guess it provides local cell service via uplink. Kudos to AT&T and other carries for "trying" to help. I had to go all the way to Port Authority Bus Times Sq to start and get service. Unbelieveable, which was 2-3 miles from my house....

Its nice to look at a map of upcoming services and upgrade with no ETA of when and if the towers are working....Sprint coverage map.jpg

Really worthless... Just telling me how much work you guys have planned....

• 25. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    MicroLampart Newbie

It's November 11 today, very poor 3G service here in 10950, I'm new to Sprint just 3 month with them, and so poor service, I'm getting Ping between 500-900, and download speeds between 40-180 Kbps! Can't do nothing with such speeds.

Also wondering if LTE will ever land here in 10950, Is it include in the NYC launch? Like Spring Valley (10952)?

• 26. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    WONTB2LONG Regular Visitor

i'm having extreme difficulty getting service in my home(of all places). this is very frustrating.

my zip is 11236. can u give any info?

• 27. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    rhymeswithfatty Regular Visitor

I also have little or no service. Zip code 11572, Oceanside NY. My train isn't running, and I don't drive and I can't even call a taxi to take me to the next available train station, so I am walking 2 miles every morning (to the next town over where there is a train) with a bad foot (I'm in a walking boot, recovering from a ruptured fascia) so that I can get to work so that I can afford to pay my phone bill.

Ridciulous.

• 28. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    thecrazyirish Newbie

Still poor to no service here in 08753. You can miss 50% of your calls for 2 weeks and that is just too bad.I feel like my service is provided by tracphone. Sad reality is I pay over 200 a month!!!!! They will give you no credit and won't allow you out of a contract. I emailed Dan Hess but I expect the outcome to be nothing. Abandon ship seems like the best idea to me at this point.

• 29. Re: hurricane sandy no service in area
    spthegenius Newbie

I also having connection problems with my phone after the sandy, reception is too week. Call quality is very bad. Not getting 3G.

I use iphone 4S , my zip code 07306 - jersey city

- Sourav

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...