This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 12:07 PM by fireguy_6364 RSS

Phone turns off after full battery charge

dnewton58_s2 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I always put my evo on charger at night. Lately is has been fully charging but turning itself off during the night which makes the alarm useless!! I have tried the reset, battery pull and factory reset routines and nothing seems to help. Any one have any ideas?

• 1. Re: Phone turns off after full battery charge
    fireguy_6364 Master

the factory reset youre talking about put your phone right back to stock correct? where you have nothing on the phone except what it came with when you bought it?

when it shuts down is this while its plugged in or after you unplug it? if its the later then im thinking its a battery issue. pull your battery and examine it closely...see if its slightly bloated..if anything lay it on a flat table and see if you can wobble it...then flip it over and check the other side..

post what you see

• 2. Re: Phone turns off after full battery charge
    dnewton58_s2 Newbie

Yes the restore was to factory. The phone shuts down before I unplug. When I turn it back on it is completely charged. Battery looks fine...I have ordered a replacement though to see if that could be the problem.

• 3. Re: Phone turns off after full battery charge
    fireguy_6364 Master

does the battery seem to have less and less life to it. does this happen while its NOT plugged in and charging or only while its on the charger at night? im wondering if the phone itself is possibly overheating while on the charger and eventually shutting itself down. have you ever noticed the LED light flashing green/amber?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points