1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 1:14 PM by ky158151 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    icemandade Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

Once the iphone is turned off you can kiss it goodbye, and also once the thief reprogram the phone find my Iphone will not work!!!!!!!

• 16. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    icemandade Newbie

I've owned an Iphone I've lost that Iphone, would I purchase another one? nope, why would I purchase a phone with no theft coverage. Back to my HTC I go.

• 17. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    ASHLEYDMARIE19 Newbie

Regardless of whether or not you know it is in your plann your phone company should be ready and willing to work with you. That is what you call good service. But apparently you have not lost your phone or you have enough money to buy one nstaight out if you have. But most of us can't and that is the reason why iphones as a whole suck. They don't do any differnt from a droid yet you are paying $500 if you lose it. It's ridiculous.

• 18. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    TC1-USCG-RET Valued Member

tomdeaver wrote:

Although we can empathize with your concerns, it's important to understand that most if not all decisions regarding the "handling" of an iphone are set by Apple.  This is what makes Apple products unique. 

Tom

Sorry Tom but that statement has to be one of the most lame excuses I've ever heard from a Sprint rep.  Sprint chooses to sell Apples phone, unique or not; therefore, Sprint supports Apples policy. Sprint could have penned the rules themselves and it wouldn't have made any difference. Sprint didn't need to go to the Apple table armed with handcream. Apple could care less about Sprint or it's bottom line. They just want to sell their phones. A customer looses a phone, they pay a deductible, phone is replaced, that's how it should work. Phone's ESN is locked so regardless if the customer is trying to pull something, anyone who tries to turn it back on without the proper account information is told "sorry, that's a bad ESN" and the phone remains a brick. Now unless you admitting this is a lie or Sprint is allowing lost/stolen phones to be activated to improve churn, then we have another BIGGER issue that needs to be addressed but not at this level. This would be something the FCC and maybe even the DOJ would need to review.

• 19. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    dsnecho Newbie

I hear you. I was given nothing in writing at the store. A lot of things, namely charges I didn't agree to were sent to be my mail days after the sales person at the Sprint store locked me in for two years. One more year and back to AT&T.

• 20. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    LiLBit555 Expert

None of the cell companies offer any insurance on the iphone. It has been that way since the first iphone. An none of the iphone insurance (applecare or anyother) cover lost or stolen.

• 21. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    Levi4u Master

AT&T and Verizon both offer Asurion insurance on their iPhones that covers lost or stolen, And from what I have been told as of 11/11/12 so will Sprint, $6/month +$200 deduc. Covers loss, theft, and catastrophic damage.

• 22. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    jenphone12 Newbie

I switched from Verizon to Sprint, thinking that not only would I save on my monthly bill, but that customer service would be better.  When the Iphone 5 came out, I bought two (one for my husband 32gb and myself a 62gb).  This past Saturday 11/3, while getting ready to leave a fast food place with my kids, I dropped my phone and someone picked it up and ran out with it.  I ran to the nearest Sprint store and the guy there, called my phone.  It was picked up by some guy- who asked how much was I willing to give him to get it back.  Realizing that there were cops everywhere (due the the gas situation here in NY), nothing happened.  I called Sprint customer service and they suspended the service until I somehow replace the phone. 

I regret switching from Verizon, now I have no phone, I'm upset that they would not even offer a discount to replace it, as a new customer.  I'm seriously considering cancelling my contract.  I'd rather pay the one time cancellation fee, than to pay more money to buy another phone to then pay more money for service that is not as good Verizon's, specifically internet service.         

• 23. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

Assurant, not Asurion, will offer the Total Loss Protection(TLP) through Sprint beginning 11/11/12. It does cover loss, theft, and catastrophic damage. You will be allowed 3 claims within a 12 month period time frame. TLP does not replace Apple Care+.It will be offered at $6 a month plus the $200 deductible.

• 24. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    SA_Viper43 Bronze Expert

So is Sprint changing to Assurant from Asurion for all phones? I sure hope so. Asurion is horrible insurance and is being sued left and right.

• 25. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

As far as I know, it is for the iPhone, more updates to come.

• 26. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    SA_Viper43 Bronze Expert

(fingers crossed)

• 27. Re: Lost or Stolen IPhones
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

The original date of 11/11/12 has been pushed back to a further date to be named in the near future.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...