1 10 11 12 13 14 37 Previous Next 541 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2014 6:25 PM by SprintCare Go to original post RSS
  • 165. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    SHORTY4444 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I just received a call. When I finished, I tried to access the web and its not working.

What is the issue?

• 166. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

It is hard to tell without being able to look at your account. If you could, please send me a private message with your phone number and pin number. Thanks.

• 167. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    lilckret Newbie

My data stopped working.  I called sprint and did a full reactivation and erased all data from phone.  During the reactivation rep told me i must be connected to wi-fi (i've never heard this before).  After completing reactivation data is now fully working.  BTW airplane mode did not work for me and ##update# while connected to wi-fi stopped working, but all was resolved after reactivation.

• 168. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

@ky158151 has been really helpful - thank you unfortunately my results havent improved.

- ky158151 helped update my data profile on Sprint's end.

1)I did a full reset of my phone and setup as a new iPhone opting not reload my backup file. Same results - anytime I made or recieved a call, immediately after, my phone would show 3G but the data would not work. had to go to airplane click on/off mode and wait for the internet to start working

2) I did a full reset of my phone and this time setup my phone and loaded my icloud back up - same results

Additional Notes

- When I made/received a call and happened to be in an LTE coverage area, my iPhone 5 would be able to access data normall!

- Anytime I make/received a call and was in 3G coverage areas, I have to go to airplane mode click on/off and wait about 10 seconds for the internet to work

Seems to me this is a Sprint issue as my phone works fine outside of this issue

• 169. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    KRISTINJ24 Regular Visitor

All of you should go and file complaints with the Better Business Bureau.  I did last week and was contacted by a Sprint Representative.  It got nowhere and I fully intend on continuing to complain.  I too have the same issues as all of you.  I was lied to and was told that Verizon is having this same issue.  I was told that I would be receiving credits for the lack of data on their network.  I was told that I would get a $15 credit and haven't seen it hit my account in over a week.  The representative told me that I have been using alot of data and I told her it was all WiFi. 

• 170. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    StuDThompson Regular Visitor

I also filed with the Kansas Better Business Bureau. Unfortunately, they were not able to help me reach a resolution with Sprint. However, it does mean that there is public record of my complaint, Sprint's failure to provide the service they sold to me, and their unwillingness to work on a resolution with me.

I am no longer a Sprint customer. I've had to eat the cost of the phone as well as the contract termination fee. However, I'd rather pay the $350 now than give sprint $2,400 over the next two years. They win this round, but over the next twenty years they lose out on $24,000. I will never be a Sprint customer again.

Don't believe them if they say Verizon are having the same issue. I have not had a single problem with my iPhone5 on Verizon here in Portland. The service has been flawless. Verizon even sweetened the deal by waiving my sign-up fees as a way to soften the blow when they heard from story with Sprint. Apparently they are hearing it a lot from customers who are switching.

I worked with Sprint for over a month, during which time I had no data signal whatsoever. I tried every one of the processes suggested on these forums; changing out the phone, erasing and leaving off for 30 mins and using the connection to iTunes, doing countless ##UPDATE#, *18. I spent over ten hours with Sprint's network team looking at the field test diagnostic screen and going over numbers. In the end I had several network techs confirm that it is a Sprint capacity issue and that while upgrades were planned in the coming months they could offer no resolution. I was then told by an account executive that since it was only the 3G signal not working on my phone, the phone was "good enough" to satisfy their end of the contract. There is no LTE in Portland so I essentially had a smartphone with no data signal and was being told that was "good enough." Sucks!

I worked with their account management team for hours, trying to find some mid-point where I could get out of my contract and go with another network. I even offered to split the termination fee, 50/50. Their response was "we won't budge one dollar, you owe $350".

In the end Sprint made a choice, a choice about how our relationship would end. I shall never give them any of my business again nor would I ever recommend them to anyone. Not because they couldn't provide a data signal. Technology problems happen. What disappointed me most was their unwillingness to help me out in any way despite the problem being 100% on their end. That is a terrible business practice and shows how little they care about their customers.

I would also recommend to anyone experiencing these issues that they file with the BBB. At least that way we can get our stories public, even if we don't end up winning the fight.

• 171. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    DmC878 Regular Visitor

I am still continually unable to use cellular data on my iPhone. I have already been through the restoring process once and it made no change. I notice the issue appears to be much worse when I am in the North East (but this may just be because when I am home in Virginia I tend to be on wifi).

• 172. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

The BBB is worthless and probably a waste of your time. I think we need to organize and file an FCC compliant. I was with some friends last night who had just resigned to the fact that their data wont work with their iPhone 5's - I was shocked to hear this. I forwarded this forum to them and they suggested the FCC compliant.

I think the complaint would be straight forward - purchased a new iPhone 5 - Phone works, data on Sprint's 3G network wont work seamlessly. Either Sprint allows us to refund our iPhones and cancel our plans without penality or they compensate folks until there is a fix that resolves this issue.

• 173. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

I just filed a complaint with the FCC.  Hopefully everyone else will do the same.  Thanks for the tip.

• 174. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    cook_alexk Newbie

I did the same, filed a complaint with the FCC. The issue is with the network. I have replaced the iPhone 5 two times and it can't be that all 3 iPhones have the same issue.

• 175. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

can you please post the link where you filed your compaints?

Im no longer getting replys from the Sprint Associates who were helping me online

• 176. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

Of course you aren't.  I'm surprised I haven't been blocked from replying to these threads! 

www.FCC.gov/complaints

My friend said someone in DC will be able to help all of us customers that are experiencing this issue and still paying for that "premium" data. 

• 177. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

SHORTY4444,

I am sorry that you have not received a response from me, I have been off work for my normal scheduled days off. I am responding to your messages now.

• 178. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

no problem. I really do appreciate all your help (along with the other folks in this forum). Its just really hard to understand why so many people are having issues and why Sprint corporate wont acknowledge the issues.

• 179. Re: iPhone 5 data not working.
    ky158151 Sprint Employee

I see where you are coming from, we have had a lot of success with the workarounds and software updates.

1 10 11 12 13 14 37 Previous Next