This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 10:19 AM by MNJNYS RSS

3G data is still not working

MNJNYS Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I work in zipcode 07054, in a business campus usually my coverage is not that bad.

After hurricane it got to the point to have just extended coverage (with nearly no cell service) and completely no data service.

One week after all happened, many business here back to normal and I still don't have 3G data? I can see all full bars but an o next to "Sprint"... but still I cannot make calls most of the time and I cannot use data services because it hangs and then says no service or the app just dies.

when is the coverage issue going to be restored? do you have any cellsites down?

This issue is not only indoors but outdoors too.

Thank you

• 1. Re: 3G data is still not working
    fireguy_6364 Master

odds are there are multiple towers down...whats probably happening is youre connecting to a actual working tower...the problem is so is everyone else..which is now causing that tower to be overloaded. which answeres why youre able to make calls here and there..the data part im unsure of though since that is on the same tower as your voice reception. could be the same deal and overloaded to the max...or the tower(s) youre connecting too that are still operational are to far away to pull a full connection with data...AND are overloaded lol..

sorry for your luck though..post some cross streets to your location so they can narrow down the search a bit.

NO PHYSICAL ADDRESS'S...unless its of a business near you.

• 2. Re: 3G data is still not working
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Based on the information zip code only   there are two towers out of service in effecting that area  and one more that has no data service.  We are working to restore service on these towers.   If you can give me cross streets near you I will be happy to look at the tower serving you.

• 3. Re: 3G data is still not working
    MNJNYS Newbie

Sylvan Way between Dryden way & Littleton Rd in Parsippany NJ

thank you for replying.

• 4. Re: 3G data is still not working
    CptnTrips Regular Visitor

Something else is going on as well I think. I am in Arkansas and my speed test is around 16kbps down and 16kbps up. I did see 60kbps briefly but it is long gone. The hot spot is unusable. I can't even load google.com..

• 5. Re: 3G data is still not working
    MNJNYS Newbie

Do you have any update? It is really frustrating I still don't have data yet I'm still paying "PREMIUM DATA" service.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points