This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2012 4:18 PM by 14KNIGHT RSS

u promised where is my LTE service

LIGHTNINGPETE Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have been waiting months with dropped calls bad service and a great let down of the promise of a better data proformance. Where or when are we getting it. You are forceing me to another carrier. after months of terrible service you give me a $15.00 credit you should be ashamed give me what you claimed! Anyone else tired of the ****?

• 1. Re: u promised where is my LTE service
    Thatonegirl88 Expert

I know this is frustrating but you have to understand that equipment is physically being replaced, and when storms hit in different areas that delays upgrade in other states because our technicians have to get those towers back to working condition. I do not its extremely frustrating to not have service or dropped calls. But its not like a software update they cannot just download the better service to the towers. They are physically removing old equipment and adding new equipment then ensuring that its at full capacity. Here is some info for you, I hope this helps, And again I do understand:

• By the end of 2012, CDMA/LTE population coverage is expected to be approximately the same as today’s 4G WiMAX coverage.
    • Targeting a three-year completion of the entire program (end of 2013). ( no this is not per cellsite) this is nation wide
    • By the end of 2013, the Sprint LTE network should cover 250 million points of presence (POP).

I know it's difficult to wait, I am a customer as well. Believe me, its understandable, But alot do not know the construction, nor read terms and conditions, that lte service is only available in certain areas at this time. Again I'm not sure if it even matters to most about this information, But atleast wanted to provide facts about it. I hope this some one helps   I agree that you deserved more than a 15.00 Credit for loss of service but too be honest typically dropped calls are supposed to be credited with dropped call credits (additional minutes to your account)

• 2. Re: u promised where is my LTE service
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Lightningpete.   Where are you located  I will be happy to see what I can find out about tower upgrades in your area?

• 3. Re: u promised where is my LTE service
    LIGHTNINGPETE Newbie

Thanks for the fast reply, I feel much better knowing it is on the way.  Friends with other carriers are getting LTE in my area. Knowing this just adds to my frustration. I even tried to go back to my 4g Evo but could only get 3g so my service got worse while paying the same amount per month. Seems like I'm being taken advantage of. I had a line added for my 78 year old mother who lives out of state so i'd rather not change providers and confuse her. Thanks again for the info

• 4. Re: u promised where is my LTE service
    LIGHTNINGPETE Newbie

14KNIGHT Thanks for the help I am in New Jersey(the state of confusion) my zip is 08070. Greatful for any info!

• 5. Re: u promised where is my LTE service
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

At this time I do not see on towers in the area that are  4G LTE.  nor do I see any information about Network Vision upgrades  in the surronding area.  Ther are several Thousand towers that are being upgrade witht the Network Vision project.  This does take some time.  I do not have any dates on when you can expect the upgrades to begin n your area.   I wish I had more information to give you

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...