This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 9:21 PM by Rexre19 RSS

Boston Coverage

1qwerty77 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I switched to Sprint from AT&T about a month ago. I've noticed that the LTE coverage is much worse than what I had AT&T. There are many places that I used to have 4 bars of 4G. Now I'm lucky when I can get an LTE signal. Places where I used to have 4 bars of service, I now have no service. What is Sprint doing to improve it's coverage in Boston?

• 1. Re: Boston Coverage
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

I understand your concern.  The reason for the coverage difference is we are just building out our coverage in the Boston area currently only about  15% of the towers have had 4G LTE capability added to them.   More towers are b  eing upgrade at this time.  I can not give you an exact date at this time as storms such as Sandy impact the schedule.

• 2. Re: Boston Coverage
    Rexre19 Newbie

I also live in Boston and my new iPhone 5 does not even get 3 G service in the areas I live in. LTE is not even an option for me. This new service is horrible. I barely have bars in my location. I used to get way better service with Sprint. Now it is horrible. You should be lucky to get 4 G. Sprint needs to figure this out ASAP. They claim the delay is From the hurricane but let's be honest, it barely affected Boston. Sprint is a multi billion dollar a year profitable company that can't even get their towers in line in a major city. Very disappointing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...