This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 37 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 10:14 AM by DrDaveTurner Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Outage in 22204?
    Jozagi Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

@G_SIMONETT,

Ouch ok, can you update your PRL on your device and let me know if anything improves. It should snap back into working normally. If it doesn’t it means I have to send a ticket out to take a look at the tuning aspect for the tower that was just upgraded. I will also have to send some network refreshes your way on your device so I may need your account information if the PRL update does not work.

*Zach

• 16. Re: Outage in 22204?
    Jozagi Expert

@JOSECUB1

You have the same issue as G_SIMONETT. Can you update the PRL as well and let me know if it kicks back to being normal? If not I may have to access your account too.

*Zach

• 17. Re: Outage in 22204?
    Jozagi Expert

Hi Buttonwillow,

Hmm that is a rough transition to say the least. Can you toss me a cross street or a few cross streets where you are having the issues? We've been upgrading nationwide and that may be the cause. But with a little more information I can take a deeper look into what's going on.

*Zach

• 18. Re: Outage in 22204?
    JOSECUB1 Regular Visitor

Zach: I have updated the PRL numerous times and still nothing.

• 19. Re: Outage in 22204?
    Jozagi Expert

Ok,

Lets go to another step. Can you send me your phone number in a PM. I'll send a follow up reply with a security info request. I'm going to hit this from both the device side and the network side.

*Zach

• 20. Re: Outage in 22204?
    Jozagi Expert

Hi all,

I have a new update for everyone in this area. The tower closely associated with the cross streets provided has just been upgraded and is in a tuning faze. The current service experience is due to this fact. As soon as the tower is at 100% service will return and will be stronger than before. The upgrade is done in hopes to vastly reduce if not eliminate issues pertaining to dropped and blocked calls. It will greatly increase the signal span and strength ultimately increasing data and EVDO signals. If anything new pops up I will make sure to post it here.

*Zach

• 21. Re: Outage in 22204?
    G_SIMONETT Regular Visitor

Zach, how long is this going to take?  Especially when the techs gave you the "green light" previously?  I am sure you can appreciate our frustration on this board and that you might feel the same way if it were happening to you.

I am still unable to make phone calls, receive phone calls, send or receive text messages.

I have been without reliable service at home for over a week now and this has been especially inconvenient for me since I use my phone for work from home.  I never received any notification about this upgrade from Sprint.

I would like to inquire about a refund of some sort from Sprint for this outage.  I appreciate your updates, but I think it's fair for those of us who have been affected to be able to receive some sort of compensation for this gap in service.

• 22. Re: Outage in 22204?

Zach,

Are you able to provide a status update?  I recognize that it's the weekend and that you may not be monitoring this at the moment...I would call someone but I am STILL not able to text or call out, or receive texts or calls.

Please advise.

• 23. Re: Outage in 22204?
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Hello.  Here is the latest update and what we have received from Network Operations. 

Site may experience higher than normal blocked and dropped calls. Once upgrade is complete enhanced Network Vision service will be available on this tower.  11/05/2012  DC03XC441 Arlington VA 22204

At 2012/10/28 09:18:00 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Baltimore : Baltimore Market: Voice (Blocked calls) .  10/28/2012.

At 2012/01/16 21:15:29 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Washington DC : Washington DC Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) Site Rebuild - Cell site is in process of major reconstruction, Site is in process of being relocated.  11/02/2012.

Thank you for marking this location.  With a continued effort in improving the quality of the Sprint Network, the information will be sent to engineering for trending purposes. 

Zach may have more detailed information when he gets back from the weekend,

We appreciate your patience,

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 24. Re: Outage in 22204?

Thanks Tom.

So what you're saying is I should expect to be without reliable service for two whole weeks.  This is after service was supposedly "green lighted" last week by the techs...

Are you able to advise how I can go about getting a refund for my service this month?  I have housemates on other carriers (Tmobile and Verizon) and they have never experienced such an outage and at the moment, are having no such problems with their service at all.

This is very frustrating.

• 25. Re: Outage in 22204?
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

I appreciate your candor and understand it's frustrating.  I'm not sure about a refund, but an adjustment can be discussed for loss of service for a specific number of days.  You can call Customer Care and reference open AND closed outages for your zip code.  We will evaluate your usage trend for dips or breaks in usage caused by outages and in most cases can apply an adjustment. 

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 26. Re: Outage in 22204?
    JOSECUB1 Regular Visitor

So, at Columbia Pike & S Rolfe I had service on Wednesday, October 31st, 2012. Yesterday and today I am again without service. Any idea when this will be taken care of once and for all?

• 27. Re: Outage in 22204?

Zach,

It is now November 6th with no improvement in service as of this morning.  This has gone on long enough.  Can you please message me or post to this board and give me an update?

Further- I haven't had any communication from you since last week. 

• 28. Re: Outage in 22204?
    Jozagi Expert

JOSECUB1 and G_SIMONETT,

Sorry about the delay I was out of the office unexpectedly. On the 31st it looked as though service was finally migrating to where it should be post the upgrade process. I have since looked into the service in the area with that specific tower and I'm still seeing a high rate of blocks due to the upgrade process. I'm looking for a finite answer to this issue as it has gone on so long and is out of the norm. Right now my information is purely based off of pulled data and closed tickets. I am reaching out to find out more information.

*Zach

• 29. Re: Outage in 22204?
    DrDaveTurner Regular Visitor

Zach....................this is totally unacceptable.

My daughter in that zip(22204) has not been able to use her phone for over a month now!!!!!!!!!!

Nearest cross street is S. Veitch St. and 6th St. S

I was up there last month(October) and had the same issue. I missed meeting with Clients, Patients, and Contractors. This caused undue stress and a whole bunch of money for both myself and my daughter.

Both our phones work perfectly other places(like back in Florida where I am now).....she still can't use her phone as of tonight.

We have had numerous calls and chats with Sprint CS only to be told..................."oh yeah, we are upgrading that area" and we are given a date of completion that is about three days out from when we call or chat. Of course nothing ever gets fixed and this has gone on long enough. I am two seconds away from cancelling my family plan that I have had for well over 15 years now and going with someone else. I know it sounds like I'm dumping on you, but this is ridiculious.

Can you give me the E-mail address or the snail mail address of the VP of Customer Service please?

If it matters, both our phones are LG Optimus S

I really need you to forward this on to the higher ups.....................please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, tell me again how I get more than the obsurd $15.00 credit that the daughter got last time she talked with CS. I want them to review both our phone numbers and calls from last month and re-imburse me for the portion of my $175.00 a month bill that we couldn't use.

Actually, I really don't want the money, but I will push this avenue to make the point how bad this situation really is.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points