7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 9:24 PM by AllenChicago RSS

move apps to SD card on the note 2!

dawfam Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

i have the note 2. on my S2 i was able to go to applications and move apps to the SD card. that option is not on the note 2. does anyone know if i can move apps to the SD card on the note 2?

• 1. Re: move apps to SD card on the note 2!
    VAE319 Regular Visitor

I asked the my Sprint rep this question in the store.

I'm not sure if this is the right answer but I was told that an app has to have the option to save to sd card

when the software was written. He said some do and some don't.

Also, he said that Samsung figures with the 16 gig internal memory (and 32 &64 gig for some lucky folks) that should be plenty of space for apps

because you can save your music and photos on the sc card which frees up space in the phone for apps.

I guess it depends on how many apps you want to put into the phone.

I have put several in, including Facebook and I still have 10 gigs left.

The 32 gig would have been all of our preferences but it wasn't available yet so we have to hope for now

that the 16 gig will be enough. So far, it seems fine for me.

• 2. Re: move apps to SD card on the note 2!
    gzusroxme Regular Visitor

Jellybean doesnt support apps2sd. Im hoping they will later.

• 3. Re: move apps to SD card on the note 2!
    D007 Regular Visitor

that is ridiculous. i have Batman, N.O.V.A, NBA JAM and a few other games that requires about 1GB of data download after purchase.....How is he going to say that 16GB is plenty of space for apps??

but yea, like gzusroxme stated...JB doesn't support apps2sd yet

• 4. Re: move apps to SD card on the note 2!
    dawfam Newbie

just got off the phone with sprint customer service, they said if the app is 1 gig or larger you can move it to SD card. if that is true! maybe it will help.

• 5. Re: move apps to SD card on the note 2!
    Levi4u Master

That's untrue. You cannot on the S2 either, On the S2 it moves them to the internal usb storage but not to the removable SD card. It's the way Samsung has the phones set up, it has nothing to do with JB.

• 6. Re: move apps to SD card on the note 2!
    Kikoshi Regular Visitor

Yeah, only way to have your SD card as an APP storage, is Rooting your phone :/.

I do actually don't like to have to go to other means to obtain what i want, when it should of been right out of the box instead.

It ****** me off.

• 7. Re: move apps to SD card on the note 2!
    AllenChicago Valued Member

JELLYBEAN is "supposed" to be the most sophisticated version of the Android Operating System ever developed.  For it to not allow moving applications to the SD Card is asinine!  There's no logical reason why Google would purposefully omit such a basic function from their operating system, is there?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points