This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 12:29 PM by BOWTECH1020 RSS

why is my speeds so slow still?

BOWTECH1020 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I think it might be time to try a different carrier. sprint is the only wireless carrier with no 3g in my area (18434) i love how sprint fools you with the 3g icon on my evo, its really 1xrtt. And im sick of timeouts and simple web pages taking forever to load. I am not asking for 4g lte here i'm simply asking for decent evdo. My 1x speeds are not even the rated speeds i barley get 2kbps most of the time its a joke tmobile gets 6mbs with hsdpa+ vzw has lte here and so does att. i gave sprint plenty of time and waited while other carriers have added 3g and 4g while im stuck at 1g

• 1. Re: why is my speeds so slow still?
    SuperWilliamD Social Care

BOWTECH1020,

Argg! So sorry to hear about the slow data speeds! Is it safe to say that the issue is isolated to zipcode 18434, or is this a more wide-spread issue? Additionally which device are you currently using and what troubleshooting steps have you attempted thus far?

I'd really like to help!

William

Sprint Social Care Team

• 2. Re: why is my speeds so slow still?
    ceballos89 Newbie

I don't know what it is, but the past several days, my service has been a joke! It takes forever to load simple web pages, even more to watch a video on my iphone... I'm in 92139 San Diego.... Sprint, FIX THIS!

• 3. Re: why is my speeds so slow still?
    BOWTECH1020 Newbie

This is more wide spread of my area a town over was better months ago but now its just about the same. i am hardly ever able to use mobile data where i live the timeouts are just really bad. I was told when i switched over from nextel at my local sprint store that sprint like verzon was upgrading there whole network to evdo. Well that is not true i guess. Still stuck on 1x, and overloaded tower or whatever. when i upgraded to my evo 3d i was told that wimax would be coming to my area soon lol. Guess what sprint drops wimax!! Now they want me to upgrade to  lte, and i'm supposed to beleive they will upgrade there whole network to it? IM just asking for at least evdo in my area why cant sprint do that?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points