1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 11:28 AM by MakeupbyJules RSS

Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered

valpochile2010 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hey everyone,

 

Is anyone having problems with sending regular text messages or picture messages with Iphone 5? Lately my phone wont do that so I am getting tired of not being able to send pictures. Can anyone help me solve this problem???

  • 1. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

    valpocile2010,

     

    Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  Over the past weekend, a known issue was reported with the iPhone 5 and SMS.  The known issue states that customers will experience intermittent issues sending text messages.  The issue has been reported and Apple is working on a fix.  The issue will be addressed in the next maintenance release.

     

    Sincerely,

    Fergie_B
    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

  • 2. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    likquidpopx Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

    Thanks for letting us know about the issue Fergie_B. I have noticed you a lot on the forums lately and just want to say thank you for going around and helping us with our issues.

     

    I had the invalid sim issue and just got a new phone but noticed over the weekend the massive dropping between 3G and O as well as messages not going through A LOT.

     

     

    Invalid sim has been taken care of and I just did the make sure I have internet and powercycled my device. Been about 10 mins and so far no O yet. Haven't seen any LTE in Orange County, California yet though!

  • 3. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

    likquidpopx,

     

    It's my pleasure to help in any way that I can.  Let me know if your data issue hasn't been resolved.  Maybe tomorrow?  If so, we'll go ahead and look into your location.  If we need to do so, I'll need your city, state and nearest zip code so I can review your surrounding towers.

     

    Sincerely

     

    Fergie_B

    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

  • 4. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    JNelson202 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

    Yes I have experiecnced my SMS and MMS not sending as well. I would have to make several attempts to resend them before it worked. I will be looking forward to the update, thanks for sharing Fergie.

  • 5. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    valpochile2010 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

    Thank you for sharing Fergie. I thought I made a mistake on moving to sprint, but I am hoping that the update will come out soon in order to fix this. I hate the fact not being able to send SMS or MMS and have my friends telling me I sent it out way too many times.

  • 6. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    philipsimolo Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

    I am not only having that problem, but starting today I can no longer send email.  I keep getting a message saying that says, "A copy has been placed in your Outbox.  The sender address (my email address.net) was rejected by the server."  I haven't changed anything on my phone and until today have had no issues with email.  I can receive email.  I can send email from my pc using the same email account.  What is going on???

  • 7. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    Iphone5 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

    Hello fergie,

     

    Thank you for replying to our problems. I have the same problem i can receive sms over my iphone 5 but i cannot send any. I can make phone call just fine too.

    When i bought my iphone5 from sprint they said it's unlocked and i would be able to use it on different networks internationally. So if apple/sprint manage to fix this issue please let us know because it's really frustrating.

     

    Thank you

    Chris

  • 8. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    mrcminnesota Expert
    Currently Being Moderated

    Fergeie_B: thanks for this info. FYI, I did turn off LTE in the settings (as suggested in previous discussion) but hope that I can turn it back on as LTE is coming to the Minneapolis/St Paul area. I have the latest version (6.0.1)

     

    My issue has been "failed message" error but they actually went through.. I am still able to access/send gmail,  outlook express (on Safari), etc. I have to say that I am not experiencing the issues that others have reported about data (and I hope I don't ). I have been a Sprint customer since 1999 - I know there are pains along the way with updates/changes, etc but that is life.

  • 9. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

    philipsimolo wrote:

     

    I am not only having that problem, but starting today I can no longer send email.  I keep getting a message saying that says, "A copy has been placed in your Outbox.  The sender address (my email address.net) was rejected by the server."  I haven't changed anything on my phone and until today have had no issues with email.  I can receive email.  I can send email from my pc using the same email account.  What is going on???

    philipsimolo,

     

    I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues sending email.  First, let me apologize for my delayed response.  As you can imagine, I have many emails that I respond to daily.  The error that you are receiving is indicative of a possible change in server settings from your email provider.  What kind of email are you using?  Gmail?  Yahoo?  An email address from your internet service provider or company?  One way or another, I would recommend contacting the provider for your email address to confirm the correct outgoing server settings.  They may have changed a port, a username, etc..

     

    Sincerely

     

    Fergie_B

    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

  • 10. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

    Iphone5 wrote:

     

    Hello fergie,

     

    Thank you for replying to our problems. I have the same problem i can receive sms over my iphone 5 but i cannot send any. I can make phone call just fine too.

    When i bought my iphone5 from sprint they said it's unlocked and i would be able to use it on different networks internationally. So if apple/sprint manage to fix this issue please let us know because it's really frustrating.

     

    Thank you

    Chris

     

    I apologize for my delayed response.  If you are experiencing issues receiving text messages internationally, I would recommend contacting our Worldwide Care team for assistance with this.  That is a completely different issue than our domestic SMS issue. Here is a link to our Worldwide Care chat team for assistance with our issue.

     

    Sincerely

     

    Fergie_B

    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

  • 11. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

    mrcminnesota wrote:

     

    Fergeie_B: thanks for this info. FYI, I did turn off LTE in the settings (as suggested in previous discussion) but hope that I can turn it back on as LTE is coming to the Minneapolis/St Paul area. I have the latest version (6.0.1)

     

    My issue has been "failed message" error but they actually went through.. I am still able to access/send gmail,  outlook express (on Safari), etc. I have to say that I am not experiencing the issues that others have reported about data (and I hope I don't ). I have been a Sprint customer since 1999 - I know there are pains along the way with updates/changes, etc but that is life.

     

    It's my pleasure to assist you with your issue.  Your symptoms are part of the known issue with the iPhone 5 and SMS.  The fix will be released in the next software update.  We certainly appreciate your patience.

     

    Sincerely

     

    Fergie_B

    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

  • 12. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    Unbelievable0311 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

    I think what we should all do is start filing report with the BBB, as well as the the local state attorney generals office . I have a 2 year contract extension based on the horrible iPhone 5 . I pay my bill on time so I honored my end of the bargain and sprint hasent.

  • 13. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    AZULEYZ Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

    Did your problem ever get fixed? I just got an Iphone 5 yesterday and it won't send any pictures via text messages.. I can receive them, but when I go to send them the "sending" bar reaches about 90% then stops and the picture won't go through.

  • 14. Re: Iphone 5 failing to send SMS MMS not able to delivered
    fastsix Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

    valpochile2010 wrote:

     

    Hey everyone,

     

    Is anyone having problems with sending regular text messages or picture messages with Iphone 5? Lately my phone wont do that so I am getting tired of not being able to send pictures. Can anyone help me solve this problem???

    Same exact thing here for the last month and I even got a new phone last week because my screen cracked. Multiple calls to sprint w/ no resolve...i was told today by sprint it's an Apple issue only problem I have with that is i know at least a dozen people w/ these phones on other networks and they are all telling me i'm crazy as they have no problems. Ashame, my old evo 4G worked great for 2+ years, I'm giving it a few more weeks then i think Sprint needs to swap me out of this phone for an Android if they can't correct the problem...i'm holding up  to my end of the contract every month like I've done for the last 12+ years.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...