7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2013 1:39 PM by Sprintcast RSS

Is the Samsung Galaxy Note II going to be available in 32g or 64g or are you only going to carry the 16g?

Eaglebutch Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I would really like to upgrade to this phone, but I would like more memory. I would even pre-order it in one of these others if they were offered. That way you wouldn't have to produce a lot of them. I would really like to have a 64g. I just thought Sprint would have a phone more comparable to the I-Phone. Samsung produces them in these other gigs. I just wish you would carry them cuz money isn't an option that is how bad I want this phone. So, if you could back to me to let me know when or if they will be available. Thank You.

• 1. Re: Is the Samsung Galaxy Note II going to be available in 32g or 64g or are you only going to carry the 16g?
    Sprintcast Social Care

Thank for your Post. Currently I do not see any updates regarding a 32GB or higher Galaxy Note II, but hopeful there will be plans to release one with hire memory in the near future.

Morris L.

Social Media Care

• 2. Re: Is the Samsung Galaxy Note II going to be available in 32g or 64g or are you only going to carry the 16g?
    EODDVR Newbie

I too am interested in a 32GB Note II. I called my local Sprint Store today and the sales rep said they will be coming in the new year. Later this evening I engaged in online chat w/ a Sprint rep who reported that there will not be a 32 or 64GB Note II offered. I'm not sure which sales rep had the accurate information.

I recommend that Sprint formally announce that the 32 or 64GB Note II will or will not be offered. I suspect there are many who are waiting to make a purchase decision based on this information.

• 3. Re: Is the Samsung Galaxy Note II going to be available in 32g or 64g or are you only going to carry the 16g?
    JoeSmithers Regular Visitor

Perhaps you're not aware that this phone, unlike the iPhone, allows you to increase memory storage by adding a microSD card.  While it's true that on this phone you can't move apps to the microSD card as you can on some Android phones, you can still add up to 64GB additional memory for probably less than Samsung/Sprint would charge you for a higher-memory phone.  On an iPhone the price difference between the 16GB and 64GB models is $200; a 64GB microSD card can be had right now for less than $50.  Which seems like a better deal?

For this phone in particular, one way to use your memory wisely would be to put all your media on a microSD card, and then save the 16GB phone memory for apps.  On my phone, for example, I've got at least a dozen apps on the phone, but there's still about 10GB left out of the actual 11GB total.  All my media is on my microSD card.

• 4. Re: Is the Samsung Galaxy Note II going to be available in 32g or 64g or are you only going to carry the 16g?
    l3nny Newbie

@JoeSmithers I think everyone here is aware that this phone has a microSD slot.  That doesn't solve the problem.  With Jellybean (and 4.2) you can only install apps on internal memory.  The ~10gb of available internal memory on the Note 2 is a non-starter for anyone who wants to install a lot of apps, or even a few big ones (i.e. most good games).  A dozen apps is not a lot, and I'm guessing you don't play games or use other content-rich apps.  It's great that the neutered version of this phone works for you, but to do this to a flagship, otherwise high-spec phone is a failure to understand the customer that this phone is targeted at.

• 5. Re: Is the Samsung Galaxy Note II going to be available in 32g or 64g or are you only going to carry the 16g?
    JoeSmithers Regular Visitor

@l3nny -- You're right that the chances are extremely small I'll ever max out the internal memory with apps -- I'm apparently not "the customer that this phone is targeted at."  My music, wallpaper images, photos and other media are residing happily on my microSD card. 

That being said, you should start an e-mail campaign to Google to plead that they give back the move-app-to-SD-card function.  That's the real problem, right?  I'll send an e-mail or two myself when I get the chance.

Also, start complaining to Sprint and maybe they'll offer a higher-memory version.  I found two Samsung Europe sites -- Ireland and Switzerland -- that list the phone as 16/32/64 GB.  In Japan, only docomo is carrying it right now, and their version (comes in white or brown!) is 32GB.  So the higher-memory phones are out there...

EDIT on 9 December 2012:

----------------------------------------

I posted the following as both a Bug Report and a Feature Request on the Android Open Source forums:

Hello -- apparently starting with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 users can no longer save apps to "external" (i.e. add-on micro sd card) memory.  THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE -- here are some reasons why:

1)  Example situation:  I just got a new phone with 16GB of internal memory.  While this would seem large, there are really about 10GB of space for apps.  If I were to buy games and space-hungry dictionary apps, for example, I could exhaust that 10GB very quickly.

2)  Because of reason #1, Google is shooting itself in the foot not allowing apps to be transferred to a micro SD card, as it will surely mean fewer apps sold at the Google Play Store.

3)  I hope you would agree that one of the advantages of Android over iOS, for example, is greater user freedom -- to be able to transfer files directly to the phone instead of through an app like iTunes, for example.  Not allowing users to put apps on a micro SD card is restricting their freedom.  Please don't become another Apple iOS!!

Thank you for your attention.  Please restore ASAP the ability to put apps on a micro SD card.

• 6. Re: Is the Samsung Galaxy Note II going to be available in 32g or 64g or are you only going to carry the 16g?
    sprintguy310 Newbie

i am running into the same problem. i want to get a 32 gb samsung note 2. i went to Radioshack and they didn't get what i was saying about the lack of internal memory. they said to put an sd card in the phone to expand the memory but i hate the note 10.1 and hardly any room for storage in the internal. if i cant get a note 2 in 32 internal i will have to get the s4 which i really dont want to do but i might not have a choice in the matter. i cant upgrade until aug 1st so hopefully they will have a 32 by aug. if i had money to burn i would just get an internation version but i dont have it now

• 7. Re: Is the Samsung Galaxy Note II going to be available in 32g or 64g or are you only going to carry the 16g?
    Sprintcast Social Care

sprintguy310,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We apologize for the inconvenience, but Sprint is currently not offering an 32GB variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note II. The Galaxy S4 is a great device as well, but that model is also, only offered with 16GB of internal memory as well, but can be expand via and SD card. Hopefully in the near future these devices will be offered with increased internal memory to accommodate your needs.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points