1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 11:00 AM by fireguy_6364 RSS

HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?

indy46214 Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

I know you can do a screen shot on the HTC EVO Lte but can it be done on the 4G and how...please?

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

indy46214,

Thank you for using Sprint Community for your questions.  There's no built in function in the Evo 4G that allows for taking screen shots.  There appears to be a 3rd party application called "Shoot Me" that will allow you to perform that function, though.

Hope this helps,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    fireguy_6364 Master

hit the home button and power button at the same time. if done correctly you will then have your screen shot.

2) Screenshot(s) of results from SpeedTest.net app or website.

To take a screenshot on the EVO LTE, press the power button and home button at the same time. The photo is saved to the phone storage under DCIM

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    smotrs Master

Actually, I don't believe any of the 3rd party will work without rooting either.

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    smotrs Master

On the OEVO or the LTEVO? The LTEVO is as you describe and it saves to a folder called Screenshots within the Pictures folder, e.g.

• /mnt/sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots

But I don't recall the OEVO getting the Screenshot feature unless it happened on a more recent update.

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    fireguy_6364 Master

LTEVO...the OEVO lost ss abilities back when we got GB

• 6. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    fireguy_6364 Master

is it the volume down button or the home button? i have heard reports for both..not sure which one actually works though

• 7. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

The home and power keys are instructions for screenshots using the Evo Design, however not for the Evo 4G.  There are several screenshot applications on the Play Store that are available without rooting the device.  Just search for "screenshot" in the play store.

Not sure how well they work, but they do exist.

• 8. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    fireguy_6364 Master

one of these 2 methods works for the EVO LTE as well..if im remembering right its the home+power button..

matter of fact i just read it in another thread with people posting their EVO LTE speeds screen shots..someone posted for those that didnt know how to do the ss.

the old EVO is dead in the water when it comes to screen shots unless you use another app or are rooted.

Fergie_B wrote:

The home and power keys are instructions for screenshots using the Evo Design, however not for the Evo 4G.  There are several screenshot applications on the Play Store that are available without rooting the device.  Just search for "screenshot" in the play store.

Not sure how well they work, but they do exist.

• 9. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    smotrs Master

Correct method is Power Button and Volume Down button simultaneously.

• 10. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    brendanrhys Regular Visitor

Side note to add on to smotrs - you have to hold them both down for a couple of seconds.

• 11. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    Topher2120 Newbie

The Evo 4g douse have a built in scren shot so please sprint learn your own products....... you hold the power button and tap the home button this will take a screen shot simple no hacking required

• 12. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    smotrs Master

Actually,

• Pressing and holding the Power Button followed by touching the Home button takes a Screenshot but stores the image to the Camera folder.
    • Pressing and holding the Power Button and Volume Down button simultaneously takes a Screen Shot and stores the pictures in a special folder called Screen Shot folder.

The former gives you a brief message about the image being stored in the Camera folder and can only be accessed via the Gallery or apps that access the Gallery. The later gives you a brief message as well as a Notification about the image storing in the Screen Shot folder and can be accessed directly from the Notification Bar and can still be accessed via the Gallery or with apps that access the Gallery.

Do they both do the same thing? Pretty much. Which ones more convenient is up to the end user.

• 13. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    fireguy_6364 Master

you do understand that the post youre commenting too was back when this phone first came out and little was known about how the phone works correct? it was a learning curve when it came to smaller things like this for both the customers AND the techs.

Topher2120 wrote:

The Evo 4g douse have a built in scren shot so please sprint learn your own products....... you hold the power button and tap the home button this will take a screen shot simple no hacking required

• 14. Re: HTC EVO 4G Screen Shot -HOW?
    Topher2120 Newbie

I do understand that Fireguy i also understand that the last offical post form sprint was "

The home and power keys are instructions for screenshots using the Evo Design, however not for the Evo 4G.  There are several screenshot applications on the Play Store that are available without rooting the device.  Just search for "screenshot" in the play store." This is not a valid answer almost to the point of them trying to say that the evo 4g dose not have that feature. This is what i am responding to lol and there is no "learning curve" involved in the stander opperating of mass produced os's there are features they have and they dont have u should not sell a product u dont know how it works or how to fully use it. Sprint could do with some tech education for there employes. I expect them to be experts on the products they sell the screen shot feature was nouthing new.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...