This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 1:36 PM by sprint9149 RSS

USAA discount or military discount?

setsailtoo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

When we first opened our Sprint accounts, Sprint was offering military the 25% Boeing discount. This summer, we were asked for verification that we were supposed to have this discount. The hassle of switching discounts is a rant best saved for another post.

I was looking for info about WHAT each discount entails. I've asked customer service and it's like a closely guarded secret. I know for sure that the military discount is 15% off, but I read here in the forums that it also makes each additional line 9.99 instead of 19.99 and upgrade fees are waived. I can't get clarification on these points. A recent post here in the forums stated that the USAA discount is better- what does that discount entail? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    KevinWood442 Newbie

I also would appreciate information on the complete scope of USAA discounts... I called them today and was told that being a USAA member would allow me an 18% discount, but I had already negotiated a 20% from a supervisor in the retention department, so obviously you take the better offer.  If there are any per-line discounts, I sure would love to know about those as it would be a game changer.

• 2. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    _DePaul Social Care

Hi Setsailtoo,

Thanks for your interest in a corporate discount. Unfortunately, the only way I could break down what is included in your discount is based on your corporate discount code. What generally happens is after you apply for a discount via www.sprint.com/verify our back office department will apply the appropriate corporate discount code to your account. With that code, I can then explain the percentage you will get on your bill each month, and I can also explain if that corporate code will also include waiving your activation fees.

There isn't a corporate discount that will give you an add a line at $9.99. The price for an add a line at $9.99 is based on you having either a talk shared plan or an everything messaging shared plan. If you have a everything data shared plan, each add a line is $19.99. Your corporate discounts will only give you a percentage off on your primary monthly reoccurring fee not any add a lines.

Thanks for your Community Post.

Yahkie W.

Social Media Care

• 3. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    ckoellerdvm Newbie

I bought my device a couple moths ago. in the verify section it says my discount is good for 2 years but i got an email today saying my military discount does not apply to the plan i have but when i bought my hotspot teh manager at teh store assured me it does apply. what do i need to do?  Also how do i apply for the USAA discount.  I am a member but do not have an email with them.

Message was edited by: ckoellerdvm

• 4. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    Sullicos Newbie

I chatted with Sprint about this just today.

USAA members get a 15% discount.

Go to http://mysprint.sprint.com/verify/pages/uploadForm.jsp.

Open and fill out the agreement and make a copy of your USAA member ID.  You can either upload the filled out agreement and copy of your member ID or fax it in.

• 5. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    sprint9149 Silver Expert

That is correct, discounts do not apply to hotspot plans. Not just hotspots, there are other plans that are exempted as well.

If you contact Cust Care, they will probably direct you back to store. Store will not be able to do anything about it most likely. This misinformation happens here and there especially with newer reps forgetting about plans where discounts cannot apply.

• 6. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    Levi4u Master

Discounts DO apply to Hotspot plans if the MRC is above $29.99

• 7. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    sprint9149 Silver Expert

Right, but I think he is saying he has a Mobile Hotspot device (like Ovedrive, Mifi, etc).

That would be no discount.  Versus a hotspot add-on feature to a phone.

• 8. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    Levi4u Master

Even those plans qualify if the MRC is above $29.99 p/m

• 9. Re: USAA discount or military discount?
    sprint9149 Silver Expert

Ive seen 59.99 3g aircards of ol' discounted but not any mobile hotspots on consumer plans. Doubt this customer will see a discount off their hotspot.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points