This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 10:46 PM by tomdeaver RSS

Outage in Texas

KCLADYDEPUTY Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

What is going on with service around Dallas Texas? I can not dial out i can not get text messages my phone is basiclly dead in the water? I do not have a land line and can not call. Can someone tell me what is going on?!?!?

• 1. Re: Outage in Texas
    ARANS945_Forum Newbie

The same is happening to two of my phones in the Houston area.  No call connection.  Text message from one of my phones to another took over an hour to recieve.

• 2. Re: Outage in Texas
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

Hello and thank you for posting this trouble in the Sprint Communities.  To accurately review the performance of your closest towers, can you please post an intersection that's near you with your zip code please? 

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

• 3. Re: Outage in Texas

Hello and thank you for posting this trouble in the Sprint Communities.  To accurately review the performance of your closest towers, can you please post an intersection that's near you with your zip code please? 

Tom Deaver

• 4. Re: Outage in Texas
    texasgirlsrule Newbie

We don't have service in Cypress, TX either.  It has been down for hours!!! Can't make or receive calls!!  Closest intersection is Louetta Rd/Grant Rd.

Also, daughter has no service at 290/Skinner Rd.

This is ridiculous!  We can't even call 911 for an emergency!

• 5. Re: Outage in Texas

Hello and thank you for reporting this trouble in the Sprint Communities.  We are upgrading your area to our all new network called Network Vision.  During this conversion, some gaps in service may be experienced as sites are taken offline for upgrades and/or maintenance and most will be temporary outages.  We understand this can be less than ideal, but we assure you that not only are we working to fix the trouble, but we are working to improve the overall customer experience for your area.  You can private message me by clicking on my avatar.  Please include your Sprint phone number and specific location so it can be forwarded to network engineers for quality monitoring and assurance. 

We also experienced an unanticipated problem with a site that's very close to the location you provided.

At 2012/11/24 02:03:00 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Houston : Houston Market: Single Cellsite (Intermittent service)RF2SRN - SERVICE ASSURANCE TIER 2 RF SOUTH has been engaged. 

This is causing a capacity problem with the remaining and surrounding towers as they take on the additional load from the downed tower.  Engineers hope to have things cleared up by Monday, 12/3/12. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience,

Sincerely,

Tom Deaver

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points