1 6 7 8 9 10 32 Previous Next 476 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2013 5:45 AM by BROOKS775 Go to original post RSS
  • 105. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    Mybabiesmom Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

ok so if the update the the a newer version is already there how and where do i find and get it loaded to my phone???

• 106. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    josephlwade Regular Visitor

settings> scroll down to system updates> select HTC software updates or firmware update.  I usually check both

• 107. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    Kimberly_F Valued Member

I would be very cautious about downloading the most current update. The 2.13.651.1 71ORD probably will take away your customizable ringtones leaving you with only one ringtone no matter how many times you try to customize individual contacts ringtones.  HTC is working on a fix but two releases for it (one in Sept and one in November) didn't fix it and caused other issues.  I talked to a tech today and they said they are still working on the fix.  As far as Jellybean, don't look for that before January or later, no matter what is posted.  As far as the sense update, I can't remember if it came with the 2.13.651.1 71ORD or if I got it separately.

If your phone is working fine, then you may wish to leave it until they straighten out all this b.s.

• 108. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

The 2.13 update has fixes that prevent the phone from falling into an unrecoverable deep sleep cycle where the phone turns into a useless brick. So I wouldn't recommend staying on an old software in exchange for custom ringtones. I'd take a working phone with one ringtone over an unusable "dead" phone any day personally.

It also has the following fixes:

Minor Bluetooth Fix

Latest VVM Client (visual voicemail)

LTE Scanning Improvement (Discoverability and Aquisition)

Powercycling

UnInstall/ReInstall TuneIn radio

3G Data disconnect fixed

Reduced halo effect in camera

Camera image quality improvement

Recent Apps button now customisable

Improved System Stability (the previously mentioned fix)

Browser Performance Improvements

• 109. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    Timbx Bronze Expert

That update has been removed you won't get it anymore.

• 110. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    R.O. Newbie

This is really unacceptable. I opted for the HTC EVO 4G LTE because my Palm Pre was near death and the HTC was the first phone on the market based on the low-power Qualcomm MSM8960 chip. Had I waited a few months longer, like my girlfriend who ended up with the Samsung Galaxy SIII (both on Sprint), I'd have Jelly Bean now. Her phone juts updated to Jelly Bean today. My HTC? Nada. HTC is going to lose market share even faster. I'm no longer a happy customer.

• 111. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    Kimberly_F Valued Member

Yes, I totally agree.  I've been with Sprint for over 12  years and have pretty much been a satisfied customer until now.  It was a Sprint Rep who told me to run the update and when I asked if there were any issues with it, I was told No.  WRONG!  If he had said you might lose your customizable ringtones, I may not have run the update.  But whatever.

But I wouldn't have gone with the Samsung SGIII anyway, I've had nothing but problems with all the Samsungs I've had.  And no issues with HTC.  Ha!  Guess the joke's on me now!

• 112. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    Kimberly_F Valued Member

Here is the reply my daughter got from HTC regarding not doing the update:

Thank you for your reply.  Actually it is not mandatory to update your phone, and y ou phone will not go into an "unrepairable deep sleep mode".  Technically it is a smart move to keep your phone with that version, that way you will not have any issues with the ringtones.

So my previous statement stands.  If you haven't updated, and those personalized ringtones are important to you, don't do that update.

• 113. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    Timbx Bronze Expert

Again that update is not available anymore can you find it ? I have the update and my ringtones work. On some phones it did not so they pulled it." unrepairable deep sleep mode " sorry to say it but that is code for we can't help you. Something is up with HTC if you go to their site now you CAN'T find the EVO LTE in the list of phones .The only EVO phone they show is the 3D???

• 114. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    crfinaz1 Regular Visitor

I also heard that the began the roll out and pulled it but that was like a week ago. Coming from an HTC rep, said it was supposed to roll out on December 2nd. I don't have mine yet but the store said that they were going by serial number and rolling out in groups or something like that. I don't know, it's not a big deal to me honestly because everything on my phone works fine. It's just a hype and when it rolls out, if it's better than what I have, then I'll be happy.

• 115. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    JAY_COLE2007 Valued Member
    • Good news my fellow evo users.....just got off the phone with htc and Jelly bean is scheduled for release with in the next month. This came up in a conversatuon i was having with an htc tech about some of the software bugs on the lte and i stated that i thought it was just ics not the phone and he agreed and said that jelly bean android 4.0 is scheduled for the evo lte with in the month. Which is all i need to know that it is getting the update and according to the htc tech its coming soon so thought i would let yall know htc or someone working for them has stated within the month. Im not bullshittin and i dont have a website just thought i would share what i was told.
  • 116. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    Timbx Bronze Expert

Yes they actually pulled it right after it came out in Sep.The Dec 2 was supposed to be Jelly bean but that was a hoax. If your phone works be happy with it the ringtone problem is no big deal to me mine works.

• 117. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    WBPOWELL5L Regular Visitor

That is great news about the update from HTC.  Timely in that this is the Christmas season...you know...Santa Clause, Tooth Fairies, Easter Bunny...We all just need to believe 

• 118. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    Timbx Bronze Expert

No offence but we have heard that for some time now......

• 119. Re: HTC Evo 4G Lte Sense 4.1/Jellybean Updates
    JAY_COLE2007 Valued Member

none taken....but honestly i talked to htc 2 days ago asking about jelly bean and got the whole i do not have information can not confirm bs. Tonight i didnt even call about jelly bean just about some of the bugs like ringtones and contacts and delayed texts and such and the htc said on his own that the lte was getting jelly bean with in a month which would be this one hopefully lol. look im just as upset and normally like u i would take me saying this with ya right we will see to. But it is htc's company policy to not release that type of info unless its an actual fact. For me.all i wanted is confirmation....i prolly wont stick with the lte regaurdless but atleast now if some awesome htc phone comes out for sprint ill atleast give it a look. 2Days ago i was def not gonna get another htc eve.....still may not but ill check it out. Im gonna stick with evo lte till after xmas or till i get enough cash to get the note 2. im a big guy so bigger is better for me and i like the s-pen and some of the other cool features like the calander and stuff. But def glad to see the evo is atleast being graced with jelly bean at all and soon not soon enough but ya.

1 6 7 8 9 10 32 Previous Next