This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2012 9:40 PM by zerosandones1101 RSS

4G in Greenville, SC?

zerosandones1101 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I was told about a year and a half ago that sprint was going to have 4G rolled out in the Greenville area "within 6months to a year". I was told some nasty network disruptions downtown were a result of testing of the imminent 4G network. Year and a half later, still nothing happening. When I went to a store a couple of months ago, I was told "should be next year".

Can anyone tell me when 4G will be rolled out? If not, I'll have to switch companies. I don't feel like waiting for "eventually" when everyone else has it here already.

• 1. Re: 4G in Greenville, SC?
    TheFifthLetter Social Care

Currently Greenville is not listed on our scheduled LTE rollout. Please visit www.sprint.com/4G for up to date information, we appreciate your patience; thank you for being our customer!

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Media Care Team

• 2. Re: 4G in Greenville, SC?

Wow. Well thank you for the information, but don't thank me too much for being a customer - come this time next month, I won't be. I can get a cheaper plan with 4G coverage in my area with Verizon. Sorry to have to go, but Sprint's really dropped the ball on this one.

• 3. Re: 4G in Greenville, SC?
    clay1903 Regular Visitor

Wow, zerosandones, at least you got a reply from Sprint, they wouldn't even reply to my post.  Lol.  I'm with you though, it's hard to keep waiting for something that isn't even on the schedule.  Especially when all of the other major carriers have it here in Greenville already.  I can't understand how towns like Asheville, Hickory, Lincolnton, NC etc. are getting LTE before Greenville, SC.  Maybe they have more "Sprint" customers there?  I don't know.  But surely Greenville is more populated than those areas. 

• 4. Re: 4G in Greenville, SC?
    AJColaSC Regular Visitor

Zero,You complained the same way in the last thread I gave an answer you didn't like.  Just leave already, no one can help you here.  The answer will not change no matter how many times you stomp your feet or ask.

• 5. Re: 4G in Greenville, SC?

/eyebrow... Wow, hostile much? If you'll look at the timestamps, you'll see that this thread was started just before I found the other thread you're referring to. This isn't me looking for a different answer after I wasn't satisfied with yours... having a bad night?

• 6. Re: 4G in Greenville, SC?
    AJColaSC Regular Visitor

Yep looks like I jumped the gun on that, my fault.  It is wearing to have threads on the same city complaining of the same things without the original poster searching.  I should just stop reading the about people complaining in the discussions because that is making a bad night.

• 7. Re: 4G in Greenville, SC?

Nah, understandable.. that's why I usually stay away from forums in general... and I pulled a n00b move and posted my thread before looking if anyone else had already asked =/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points