This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 12:07 AM by 7LOVELOVE RSS

Activation Fee + Upgrade Fee = Very unhappy customer

CHARMED786 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

After being with Sprint with 6 years, not only do I get hit with $36 upgrade fee per phone but also $36 activation fee per phone. I am so livid, I cannot believe that they would charge , essentially the same fees twice per phone. Especially after being a loyal customer for so long, renewing my contract and purchasing new phones . I'm going elsewhere when this is over, other carriers don't charge you for upgrades. Incredible.

• 1. Re: Activation Fee + Upgrade Fee = Very unhappy customer
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

I apologies for the issue.  In your case an upgrade fee should have been applied and not the activation fee. Activation fee is applied when a customer activates a new line of service on a new or existing account and An Upgrade fee is applied when a new or refurbished device is purchased for an existing line of service in a Sprint or Sprint authorized channel. You shouldn’t be charged an activation fee and an upgrade fee for the same transaction.

I would suggest you to call Care(8882114727) to get the  activation fee removed.

Abe

• 2. Re: Activation Fee + Upgrade Fee = Very unhappy customer
    CHARMED786 Newbie

After my sixth call into sprint and finally getting transferred to three levels, was I able to get this resolved.

It seems customer service also thinks both fees apply and some "supervisors" too.

• 3. Re: Activation Fee + Upgrade Fee = Very unhappy customer
    lma12 Newbie

Try being with them for at least 15 years and having to call the last 3 months in a row to get your bill corrected because of charges that are not supposed to be on your bill. Paying $38.16 for an activation fee when it was time for an upgrade and had already activated 2 other new phones that you did not want in the first place for free. A restock fee for a phone that had issues from a Sprint store. Had to send a phone back because it didn't work properly only to get another one that does the same thing. Getting disconneted twice while your trying to get your bill straightened out. Sprint sucks since it switched from Nextel. I will not be purchasing any other phones with Sprint and will most likely be switching to another carrier in the future. 

• 4. Re: Activation Fee + Upgrade Fee = Very unhappy customer
    BABYARIEL2000 Regular Visitor

I too am getting the run around regarding activation fees.  I've been a customer for 20 years with the same number/account.  Why is Sprint doing this?  All other carriers give free phone upgrades and no activation/upgrade fees.  I've been on this darn call for over 3 hours trying to get a new phone and the activation fee waived.  This is crazy.

Sprint, why are you doing this to your most loyal customers????!!!!!

• 5. Re: Activation Fee + Upgrade Fee = Very unhappy customer
    7LOVELOVE Newbie

Me too!  I've been a loyal customer for 11 years and I think it's so UNFAIR that Sprint charges you an activation fee for you to upgrade your phone!  That part WAS NOT explained to me by the sales rep who also couldn't take the time to show me how to work the phone!  I can understand about the fee if you're a brand new customer but not someone who has a long history with you.  On top of this, the Supervisor I spoke with tonight didn't seem to care that I was upset about it; his response was, "well the other carriers are charging also".....really?  I now regret renewing my contract with this new phone.  I'm seriously thinking about paying to get out of this contract!

• 6. Re: Activation Fee + Upgrade Fee = Very unhappy customer
    7LOVELOVE Newbie

Me too!  I've been a loyal customer for 11 years and I think it's so UNFAIR that Sprint charges you an activation fee for you to upgrade your phone!  That part WAS NOT explained to me by the sales rep who also couldn't take the time to show me how to work the phone!  I can understand about the fee if you're a brand new customer but not someone who has a long history with you.  On top of this, the Supervisor I spoke with tonight didn't seem to care that I was upset about it; his response was, "well the other carriers are charging also".....really?  I now regret renewing my contract with this new phone.  I'm seriously thinking about paying to get out of this contract!

• 7. Re: Activation Fee + Upgrade Fee = Very unhappy customer
    7LOVELOVE Newbie

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...