1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 87 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2013 7:28 AM by JonMcR Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    fireguy_6364 Master
    Currently Being Moderated

Error Code 97
    Network error. Sign in failed. Please wait a moment and try again. You may   need to go to Settings and select Update Data Profile. If this problem persists,   you may need to contact Customer Care.

Missing   data when trying to contact the network

Click   Retry or Cancel.

If   the error continues, contact Customer Care.

for those wondering what exactly the error code 97 means. these fixes obviously might not work at times depending on what all is going on with the network around you.

• 61. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

EvoNaria,

Thank you for that information.  Could you please also provide me with your nearest cross streets?  This will allow me to pull up the nearest towers surrounding your problem location.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

• 62. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    EvoNaria Newbie

The closest cross street to me is Central Florida Pkwy/Orangewood Blvd.

• 63. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

EvoNaria,

Thank you for providing me that information.  A Voice outage outage was reported on 11/23/2012 at your location.  Ticket# 9813533 has been dispatched and is currently being worked by our fix agents.  Voice and text issues are often intertwined, therefor, it appears as though you are being effected by this outage.  The estimated time of repair is 11/26/2012.  If for some reason your services are not back up and running by 11/27/2012, please let me know so I may escalate your ticket.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
    Sprint Technical Support

• 64. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    MJKS969 Regular Visitor

Same problem here. Brand new Galaxy S3, activated, got on wireless, downloaded a few apps, tested inbound/outbound calls all working good.

I can receive texts, as I received google's 2-step verify code via SMS.

I cannot send texts to any number, error 97/fails immediately

Why would inbound/outbound calls work, inbound texts...but not outbound texts? no Airave, only standard wireless router.

Details:

6-8PM EST 11/26/2012

Pittsburgh/ Zip 15226

• 65. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

MJKS969,

I'm very sorry to hear that.  I'll be glad to look into it for you.  Could you please provide me with your nearest cross streets so that I can review your location?

Sincerely

Fergie_B
    Sprint Technical Support

• 66. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    EmmaLou1234 Newbie

My husband and I just recently purchased the galaxy s3 and I am having problems with this same error. When I first got it, I called Spint. They troubleshooted my problem for a good hour... finally did a factory reset, which didn't fix the problem. They ended up sending me a new phone. Got the new phone... same problem. Can't send texts, but only at home. So, I started doing some research and came upon this forum. I do not have an Airave, but my neighbor does, come to find out. I live in a condo, and my neighbor, whom I am hooked to, recently got an Airave. The weirdest part is that it only affects my phone. My husband's phone is fine, and we have the same exact phone, only mine is white and his is blue. Am I just screwed b/c I live next to someone who has an Airave? What can I do to fix this?

• 67. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    badbry01 Newbie

I'm having the SAME EXACT issues as Emma. White Galaxy S3, activated a few days ago. I do not have an airave but I suspect one of my neighbors does and I only get the errors on one side of my apartment. Tech support told me my only solution was to knock on my neighbors doors, find out who has an airave, and ask them to add my number to the "white list." He also said the airaves have a 5,000 square foot radius!

The problem is I think the airave may be coming from another apartment building adjacent to my apartment, which is quite large. I am very upset and am close to canceling my plan. I can't believe Sprint would expect me to walk around knocking on random people's doors expecting them to adjust their airave's for me. Ridiculous. I work out of the "affected" side of my apartment and having a phone that can send texts is vital. Someone please help!?

• 68. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    kmd-bmx Newbie

One solution is to simply force your phone to "Roam Only" which will push it to another network and thus avoid your Airave all together.Sprint doesn't like this since they have to cover your airtime on the other networks, but until they fix this problem, it may be your only real solution.

http://www.roamctrl.com/ is an easy way to enable the "Roam Only" toggle.

• 69. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    Laurent24 Regular Visitor

I have an AIRAVE II at home supplied by Sprint bec of no service. I had no trouble texting with my HTC EVO 4g, but then yesterday upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S III and error codes 97 and 34 appeared. I tweaked a forum suggestion to fix it and I did this:

1. Turned my GSIII to airplane mode

2. Unplugged the AIRAVE II only, not the router,  nor GPS.

3. Waited 2 min, plugged it back in. When all 4 lights bec solid, waited 2 min.

4. Turned Airplane mode off on the GSIII, texting returned.

Message was edited by: Laurent24 I posted too soon. The prev. post worked for one text. I tried a complete reboot of AIRAVE first shutting power off to the cable modem, router, GPS, restarted everything, still no texts, error 97. Sprint rep told me to update PRL and Profile on GSIII, still error 97 and 34. What to do now?

• 71. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    EmmaLou1234 Newbie

Ok, since I last wrote, my problem seems to have been rectified. Fortunately for me, I know my neighbor, and asked him to add my me and my husband's phone numbers to his "white list," as badbry01 suggested. He did, and after a few hours, the problem was fixed. I can now text in my house and have a full signal. I feel bad for those who don't know the person around them that might have an airave.

In Re: Lauren24, we also had HTC EVO 4G phones and had no problems with texting, and my neighbor had his airave on. Once we got the new Samsung Galaxy phone, that all changed. I'm just sorry that I called the Sprint tech support line for help. They tried all kinds of measures and then did a factory reset on my phone, then sent me a new phone. It was such a hassle, when all I had to do was add my number to a white list. Lauren, have you tried adding your number to the white list? I hope this helps. Good luck!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU BADBRY01 FOR THE ADVICE!!!!

• 72. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)

I tried all of the suggestions read here in the forum, incl having Sprint deactivate and reactivate my Samsung GSIII and now I await Sprint tech calling me by Mon. with more suggestions. It appears that this error 97 is a problem with Samsung and not the AIRAVE II. A complete reboot of the Airave and the router/ modem did not work. Putting the phone in Airplane mode and unplug and plug in the Airave did not work. I still cannot text while able to get calls over the 3G network via the mini cell phone tower. Adding my  number to a white list will not help because it is MY AIRAVE that I cannot run texts through, not a neighbor's. I already am recognized by my AIRAVE with my # because I CAN CALL OUT. Any more suggestions anyone?

• 73. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)
    JLG058 Valued Member

Laurent24 wrote:

I tried all of the suggestions read here in the forum, incl having Sprint deactivate and reactivate my Samsung GSIII and now I await Sprint tech calling me by Mon. with more suggestions. It appears that this error 97 is a problem with Samsung and not the AIRAVE II. A complete reboot of the Airave and the router/ modem did not work. Putting the phone in Airplane mode and unplug and plug in the Airave did not work. I still cannot text while able to get calls over the 3G network via the mini cell phone tower. Adding my  number to a white list will not help because it is MY AIRAVE that I cannot run texts through, not a neighbor's. I already am recognized by my AIRAVE with my # because I CAN CALL OUT. Any more suggestions anyone?

I have found that unplugging the Airave isn't the same as holding in the reset button for at least 30 seconds.  That is the tiny small hole located  on the backend, towards the top part of the Airave.  You'll have to use a paper clip, but put your Sammy phone in airplane mode, insert the end of a paper clip into the reset hole and hold it in there for 30 seconds, then release.  Once the Airave is fully booted again, with all lights solid green, you can take your Sammy out of airplane mode.  Try sending a text then.  You can text yourself as an easy test to make sure you are outgoing and incoming.  This process worked for me, whereas doing ti with just unplugging the Airave did not. 

• 74. Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 won't send text (error code 97)

I am dumb struck. The AIRAVE reset procedure after putting the Samsumg GSIII in airplane worked. THANK YOU. I had reset the AIRAVE before but not in airplane mode, wow. I am relieved, thank you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points