This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 12:58 PM by Madman_Mordo RSS

Bad Service

JungleCruise Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

So first of all, I am writing this from the Customer Service page, there is nothing on this page that looks like customer service, it is hard to know where I'm supposed to start.

Second, why am I being charged an "Upgrade Fee" I am paying for the phone and the service, you (Sprint) are doing NOTHING extra to earn another fee from me, I did all the leg work, and the representative at Best Buy is doing all the work activating the phone and already getting paid for it, so basically you are STEALING another $36 from me.

Third, since my wife and I upgraded our phones, our cell service has been TERRIBLE!! No, not just bad, not just worse, but TERRIBLE!! We both had Evos before and our service was actually very good (with Sprint), now we bought the Galaxy III, which is a great phone otherwise, but it has a weaker radio in it, and our service is TERRIBLE, we have only one or two bars most of the time and can't even use the phone at our own house (yes with Sprint).

Fourth, because our service is so TERRIBLE at our house, we have called about it several times...

the first time we were told by the SPRINT representative that they were upgrading the towers in our area in a couple days because they already knew this was a bad area, but after a couple days went by, nothing changed, our service at home is TERRIBLE...

the second time we called, we were told that they would mail us out an "airwave" unit that plugs into our Internet device, several days later, we never received that device...

the third time we called, the lady told us that we should have received the airwave a long time ago, she apologized and told me that she would "overnight" the airwave to us... no device so far...

the fourth time we called, we were told that there is no record of our previous calls, and that they would mail it out to us and it would arrive several days from now, and said that if we wanted it "overnighted" we would have to pay for it... this is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE SPRINT... but you know that, you get these complaints all day I'm sure.

• 1. Re: Bad Service
    Madman_Mordo Social Care
    Currently Being Moderated

Thanks for reaching out to us via our Customer Service community. I'm happy to assist you by addressing each of your concerns.

1. Are you unhappy with our customer service online interface? You've started at the right place for assistance, not sure what your concern is on this matter.
    2. Upgrade fees are an in industry standard charge that helps Sprint offset the costs of stocking, selling, and activating devices on our network. This fee is standard no matter if you upgrade directly through Sprint, or through a third-party/national retailer such as Best Buy. You'll only see this charge once per upgrade/activation. This fee is typically non-refundable due to the nature of this fee.
    3. If you are experiencing service issues primarily in your home, the Airave would be your best solution. It's odd that you haven't recieved your device yet, and I apologize on behalf of the representatives you've interacted with up until this point. I can investigate this matter further if you send me a private message with your sprint phone number, account PIN or security answer, and a brief description of your issue.

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to make things right.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

JungleCruise wrote:

So first of all, I am writing this from the Customer Service page, there is nothing on this page that looks like customer service, it is hard to know where I'm supposed to start.

Second, why am I being charged an "Upgrade Fee" I am paying for the phone and the service, you (Sprint) are doing NOTHING extra to earn another fee from me, I did all the leg work, and the representative at Best Buy is doing all the work activating the phone and already getting paid for it, so basically you are STEALING another $36 from me.

Third, since my wife and I upgraded our phones, our cell service has been TERRIBLE!! No, not just bad, not just worse, but TERRIBLE!! We both had Evos before and our service was actually very good (with Sprint), now we bought the Galaxy III, which is a great phone otherwise, but it has a weaker radio in it, and our service is TERRIBLE, we have only one or two bars most of the time and can't even use the phone at our own house (yes with Sprint).

Fourth, because our service is so TERRIBLE at our house, we have called about it several times...

the first time we were told by the SPRINT representative that they were upgrading the towers in our area in a couple days because they already knew this was a bad area, but after a couple days went by, nothing changed, our service at home is TERRIBLE...

the second time we called, we were told that they would mail us out an "airwave" unit that plugs into our Internet device, several days later, we never received that device...

the third time we called, the lady told us that we should have received the airwave a long time ago, she apologized and told me that she would "overnight" the airwave to us... no device so far...

the fourth time we called, we were told that there is no record of our previous calls, and that they would mail it out to us and it would arrive several days from now, and said that if we wanted it "overnighted" we would have to pay for it... this is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE SPRINT... but you know that, you get these complaints all day I'm sure.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...