12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2014 4:07 PM by SprintCare RSS

Received Unit With Bad Screen (UPDATE: Replacement works great, though...)

Billish Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

All:

I cannot select menu items or boxes or anything else when it's near the center of the screen on my BRAND-NEW, JUST OUT OF THE BOX LG Optimus G....

I suspected the screen wasn't responding, so I did an experiment with the note feature (photos attached).  Sure enough, there's a well-defined band across the middle of the screen that does not detect my touch most of the time.  In the photos, you can see where the screen isn't working properly.  Obviously a bad unit.

Scrolling in any application, including the internet browser, even stops halfway if I try scrolling up and down through web pages when my finger gets to the "Dead Band"...

WTH? Anyone else having this problem?

Needless to say, this is going back to Sprint immediately. 

UPDATE:  The second Optimus G Sprint sent me appears to work fine and does not suffer from the dead band across the middle of the screen.  No issues so far.    Phone works well.  The second Optimus G Sprint sent me appears to work fine and does not suffer from the dead band across the middle of the screen.  No issues so far.    Phone works well....

...except, of course, for the stunning discovery that Sprint does not support Google Wallet on this device, which is the key reason to have NFC on a phone, so...hmmm.

- Billish

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...