This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2008 9:13 PM by AshleyJohnson3 RSS

Sanyo katana LX

Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to enter Email accounts directly into the Contacts?

Or must messages be uploaded to the Sprint site?

• 1. Re: Sanyo katana LX
    Valued Member

Yes. You should see this option when you are adding a contacts. You should be able to select the "phone type", and enter in the email that you would like to store.

• 2. Re: Sanyo katana LX
    Regular Visitor

Thanks. You've been very helpful. I did that and was able to send Email from the Katana to my BlackBerry.I was able to send a message (as confirmed by the BB) to the Katana but I cant find it. Maybe becauseI found no way to enterin the Katana the receiving Email of the Katana owner (my wife).

WhenI set up my BB it made me enter my email address and password. shouldn't the Katana require the same. learning two new devices simultaneously is "fun".

• 3. Re: Sanyo katana LX
    Valued Member

Allow me to clarify, because honestly I beleive I misunderstood you :]

Are you trying to set up email on the Katana, or add it as a contact to email?

• 4. Re: Sanyo katana LX
    Regular Visitor

As a contact like on my Blackberry. I can use the Email address to text a message. To receive on th BB I had to put my Email username and password on the Blackberry. I don't see a way to do that on the Katana LX.

Otherwise how do you handle text messages on the Katana.

Thanks for your continuing help.

• 5. Re: Sanyo katana LX
    Valued Member

To send a text on the Katana: Menu>Messaging>Send New> Text Message> New Address> It will ask you to enter a phone number, or email.

The add an email in the contacts of a Katana: contacts> Add New> contact> Add email.

Did this clear up that question? Did I miss to answer anything? Let me know, I will be deilghted to assist you further!

• 6. Re: Sanyo katana LX
    Regular Visitor

Thanks.I did it with your instruction. It will be painfully slow to write a message (this is my wife's Katana). I doubt that she'll have the patience. If she does, I'll put more Email addresses on it. Is this instruction documented in some guide?

• 7. Re: Sanyo katana LX
    Valued Member

You are most welcome, it was my pleasure to assist you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points