9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2012 1:21 PM by BradHP76 RSS

Galaxy Note-2:  Does a "Price Drop Notification Service" Exist?

AllenChicago Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

Thought I was being a smart consumer by paying "only"  $150 two weeks ago for a Galaxy S3.   Go into Best Buy yesterday for something else and see the GS3 priced at $48.00!   My son said, "Gee Dad, you could have waited a few days and saved $100!" 

I'm in the market for a Galaxy Note-2, to replace my aging Samsung Epic-4g.  However, I don't want to pay $299 now and find it for $199 (or less!) due to some Christmas special at Sprint, or some other store.  Question: Is there a service (free or paid) that consumers can subscribe to where we enter the product we're looking for, and when it goes on sale at some major retail or online vendor, we receive an e-mail or text notification? 

Anyone have an idea if a valuable service like this exists?  I've searched the internet, but only come up with specific store sites that will alert you if an item goes on sale.  Subscribing to lots of stores and getting hundreds of advertisements is not appealing at all! 

I'm sure the SPRINT Samsung Note-2 will be discounted by someone between now and Christmas...  The only question is WHO and WHEN.  Thanks in advance for any guidance with locating a product notification service.

-Allen in Chicagoland

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points