12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 2:32 AM by toothfairy81 RSS

can't receive calls on iphone 5

ussgalileo1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone else having trouble receiving calls with their iphone 5?? Only when we are home or in our neighborhood we cannot receive calls and the wireless internet is extremely slow. We can do all other functions, make calls, send and receive text messages, voicemail. Our iphone 4S doesn't have any of these problems. When we use it on the road or at work, no problems. We have tried several soft resets, hard resets, updated with the ##873283#, updated to iOS 6.1.

Had the phone tested at the apple store-said there are no hardware problems, called sprint cust. service and spoke to several agents about problem for about 4 hours, went to sprint store they couldn't fix the problem either. They gave us an airave device that is like an amplifier, then the phone can receive calls, but what about if we are down the road in our neighborhood or happen to be in another area and it don't work. We can't bring this device with us, because it has to hook to our router. So then what??

Sprint says its been more than 14 days so they won't exchange the phone, apple can't find a problem, so we are stuck in the middle and no one will take responsibility for either a bad product or bad software etc. So we paid for a new phone, and monthly service that only partially working. What kind of service is that??

Just switched to Sprint a month ago.

• 1. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

ussgalileo1,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  It sounds as though you might life in one of our "fair" coverage area.  Which means you are not in the strongest coverage location.  The Airave was the solution for you at home, however if this is the case, dropped calls and degraded service can be expected at these locations.  I'll be glad to review your area for you to confirm if this is the case.  In order to do so, I'll need your city, state and nearest cross streets.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
    Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

• 2. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    ussgalileo1 Newbie

I live in Suffolk , Va. 23435

Burbage Dr. & Respass beach rd.

• 3. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    tthor269 Newbie

I am having the same issue, when i'm at work unless i go to lunch and find a wifi hotspot, I can't get my emails. 

Boynton Beach FL, 33426

Gateway Blvd & Quantum Blvd

• 4. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

tthor269 wrote:

I am having the same issue, when i'm at work unless i go to lunch and find a wifi hotspot, I can't get my emails. 

Boynton Beach FL, 33426

Gateway Blvd & Quantum Blvd

A  Voice outage was reported on 11/19/2012 at your location.  Ticket# 9786616 has been dispatched and is currently being worked by our fix agents.  The estimated time of repair is 11/22/2012.  If for some reason your services are not back up and running by 11/23/2012, please let me know so I may escalate your ticket.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
    Sprint Technical Support

• 5. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

ussgalileo1 wrote:

I live in Suffolk , Va. 23435

Burbage Dr. & Respass beach rd.

Thank you for this information.  I reviewed your area and do not see any reported issues, however the towers are not performing to the best of their ability.  If you wouldn't mind sending me some information via private message I'll be glad to look into it.

To send a private message:

1. Click on my name (Below my picture)
    2. Select Send a private message (Under Actions on the far right)

Information needed:

1. Your first and last name
    2. Your number and other numbers on the account with the same issue
    3. An alternate contact number, other than the number you're experiencing issues with
    4. The approximate date/time that your issue began
    5. The physical address where you most experience the issue
    6. A brief description of your issue including all services effected (voice, data, text) and any errors messages you may be receiving.
    7. An email address

After reviewing this information, I may need to escalate your issue to our networking technicians.  Note:  Please only send this information via private message to protect your personal information.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

• 6. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    JK113 Newbie

I am having the same problem!  This is crazy - I pay for everything data but it doesn't work unless I am in WiFi.  I live in Holland, MI

• 7. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    JK113 Newbie

I am having the same problem!  This is crazy - I pay for everything data but it doesn't work unless I am in WiFi.  I live in Holland, MI

• 8. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

JK113,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with data on your phone.  In order to better assist you, I would need your nearest cross streets so that I can review your location.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

• 9. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    SAGARPKH Newbie

I too have same problem, Most of time at my home it shows 5 lines of tower but often my friend complains most of my call goes to voicemail( it's not due to 'do not disturb' ). I tried several time myself by using my friend cell phone, same thing happend. Whenever I try to call my friend often it says call failed and sometime it takes minutes to make ring tune. Similary I had tried to call my other friend who had sprint iphone 5, they too had same issue. I am not a big fan of apple but i took iphone 5 hoping to get good battery life as compared to iphone 4 and 4s, but battery really ............. both android and apple iphone 5 have same problem, no battery life...................if you cant fix it take all these dumb smart phones back to factory

• 10. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

SAGARPKH,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing so many issues.  Can you tell me the city, state and nearest cross street where you most experience the issue?  This will allow me to review the area to determine the next course of action we need to take to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

• 11. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    cd43 Newbie

I have the same problem.  I keep getting called failed. Or it would take a while for it connect to the person I am calling. I am getting really annoyed by it. My texts say its not delivered as well. I asked my dad who is on the plan as me but has an iPhone 4S, he said his phone works fine. I recently went to the apple store and received a new iPhone 5.

I went to Sprint and they told the towers in my area was working and the service was fine. I assumed it may be the phone, so I got a new one. But I am still getting call failed.  I have tried several soft resets, hard resets, updated with the ##873283#, updated to iOS 6.0.2.  Again, call failed.

• 12. Re: can't receive calls on iphone 5
    toothfairy81 Regular Visitor

I am having problem recieveing incoming calls on my Iphone5 I purchased 4 weeks ago and exchanged to another new one 2 weeks ago.

1st one, person on the other line could not here me well, 2nd new one, now, I cannot receive calls since yesterday??

my phone incoming calls doesn't ring at all, but whoever decided to leave voice message, i get it.

when i made my roommates call me, it rings on their phone but my phone doesn't ring at all nor have any evidence of miss calls.

Sprint is closed after "business hours" (why aren't they 24 hour customer service it's a huge company with many many customers using the service 24/7??) I am not sure if this is only happening at my place? or also when I am at work...

I have checked my setting (nothing has been changed since 2 weeks ago), tested volume(all the way up), ringtons, make sure button is not locked to silence, turned on the airplane mode on and off and also updated ios 6.1.3 to see if that makes any difference, and turned off and on twice to see if i can recieve incoming calls...

now out going calls take a long time to connect or fails...

my area is Hermosa Ave in between Colorado Blvd & Las Flores Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90041 (in eagle rock area)

PLEASE HELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!! ASAP!

now my 14 day exchange date has expired... did I get 2 lemon phones in a row??

I also missed international incoming calls from Korea.

another problem...

1st time attempt to use international text message to contact them and I am just getting error without going through. (yes i checked the sprint site if i was dialing correctly starting with 011, contury code and exclude 0 if calling to cell phone...)

do i have to unlock or something to text international??

I was freely able to text international 2 years ago...

so much restrictions...

help please...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points