1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2013 7:12 PM by VAILSMOM RSS

Can someone at Sprint help me please?

GARSTRIDUF23 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I bought an iPhone 5 form a frined of mine who sent back to his GSIII because he did not like the iPhone.  However, he took out the nano sim card and can not find it.  I have called Sprint three days in a row to buy a replacement nano sim card but I am always told to got to a Sprint store.  I have been to 3 Sprint stores and they look at me like I fell of a moon while telling me they have no sim cards.  Went to an Apple store, they also do not stock sim cards.

Can some one at Sprint please tell me how to get a replacement nano sim card?  I can not activate this phone without it, I am stuck on insert a valid SIM screen. 

• 1. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    Markie_B Sprint Employee

GARSTRIDUF23,

I do apologize that you are having such difficulty obtaining a replacement SIM card for the iPhone 5. They should be made available at our Sprint stores and are known by the name UICC card. You can also order the replacement cards through our Care/Telesales department. Which Sprint stores did you visit? It could possibly be that they are the indirect dealers who are authorized to sell Sprint products, however, may not carry the replacement UICC/SIM cards.

Markie_B

• 2. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    tembong Regular Visitor

question for the poster, did your issue ever resolve because in the same predicument right now. Apple saying they don't have the nano sim cards and I should call/go Sprint/store.. and vice versa very frustrating

• 3. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

tembong,

Our Corporate Sprint stores should have replacement SIM cards available for your device.  If the Sprint store that you went to did not have it, it may have been a 3rd party store.  Can you tell me which store you went to so I can verify that information?

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

• 4. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    tembong Regular Visitor

Thanks for posting. Here are the ff places that I went to and all of these locations have no idea what I need. Some even stressed that sprint phones do not have SIM cards..

Sprint Store

www.sprint.com

8600 West Golf Road #300, Niles

(847) 298-1061

Sprint Store

www.sprint.com

Score: 5 / 30 - 17 Google reviews

1100 West Golf Road, Rolling Meadows

(847) 228-7727

Sprint

www.sprint.com

2 Google reviews

2311 Willow Road, Glenview

(847) 657-5500

And if I may add I also called several sprint repair centers to no avail. I was immediately prompted to call or go to Apple stores. Pls help I can provide any other necessary details if needed.

• 5. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    tembong Regular Visitor

problem solved. I went to a repair center and I was given Uicc card/ Nano card free of charge. all is well as of now  (crossing fingers)

• 6. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    jennifera0817 Newbie

I live in Chicago and have the same problem which repair store did u go to??

• 7. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    KEV815PAN Valued Member

First of all, this is a User 2 User Forum, NOT a User 2 Sprint Forum. Second, if your Sprint Phone still works, or if you have a different Sprint Phone that works, you can call Sprint directly by dialing *2. Third, If your IPhone 5 needs Repair: you are supposed to get it Repaired by Apple, NOT Sprint. Finally, You can call Apple @ 1-800-MY-APPLE.

• 8. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    KEV815PAN Valued Member

P.S. you should try making an Appointment at the Woodfield Mall Apple Store Genius Bar, that is if you are still under Warranty, or Signed Up for the Apple Care+ Extended Warranty. I live in the Chicago Area as well, and if you try to take an IPhone to your Cell Phone Carrier for Support, they will always tell you that you need to take it to an Apple Store Genius Bar via Appointment.

• 9. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    KEV815PAN Valued Member

P.S. Even though I am a new IPhone 5 Sprint Customer, I previously owned an IPhone 3GS with AT&T, and an IPhones 4, 4s, and 5 with Verizon Wireless. If Verizon had NOT started slowing down my so called Unlimited Data Connection ( due to too much Data Useage), I might still be with them right now instead of being here with you guys, but its their loss.

• 10. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    Jl352966 Newbie

I Am having the same problem getting a nano sim. Called sprint they said call apple, apple said call sprint. Called a repair center and they said they can only give me a nano sim if mine is damaged and to call customer service. called customer service and its like pulling teeth trying to get them to send me one. It might be cheaper to sell my iphone 5 cancel my account and go with Verizon.

• 11. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    KashaunnaMurray1 Newbie

do all repair shops supply sim cards

• 12. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    OroRo_MunRoE Social Care

KashaunnaMurray1

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Most service and repair centers have SIM cards. You can always verify ahead of time by reaching out to the store. Find the nearest one to you using this link, Sprint Store Locator.

If for some reason you are unable to obtain the SIM from the store, please let me know and I will assist further.

Look forward to assisting you!

Zena

Social Media Team

• 13. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    yingyang4me Newbie

Im having the same problem. Iphone was stolen, got another iphone without SIM card. Called sprint, no help and suggested call sprint store. called the Sprint store in Lithonia Georgia and they claim I don't need a sim(nevermind using LTE and the phone wont seem to activate without it) and said they also don't have SIM cards and contact Apple. Apple says you have to get these from the carrier.

So, basically I cannot activate my phone and will be forced to sell the phone and cancel Sprint service even with a penalty.

Ive found if I talk to 5 different sprint reps, I get 5 different answers.

• 14. Re: Can someone at Sprint help me please?
    yingyang4me Newbie

Ive been to the Stonecrest Mall Sprint store in Lithonia Ga. They don't have it and say I don't need it.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...