This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2008 5:37 AM by stiv_x RSS

Sanyo SCP-3200 ringtone question

Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I got this phone for my 10 year old daughter and she loves it. My question is how can I give her a ringtone for her phone. I have the data capability disabled in fear that she would accidentally use it. I would like to bluetooth a tone to her from my Centro or the wife's Rumor, but all the tones I download seem to be locked and can't be sent for some reason. Can anyone give me some advice? I am not sure what format the tone would have to be in either, but I know I can figure that out. I guess my biggest issue is how do I get a tone that is not locked so I can send to her, and will it work? DoI have to make the tone myself?

• 1. Re: Sanyo SCP-3200 ringtone question
    Sprint Employee

Short of purchasing third party software such as MAGIX Ringtone Maker, Xingtone Ringtone Creator or ToneMaker DJ along with a Sanyo data cable, you will not be able to download ringtones to your daughter's Sanyo SCP-3200 unless you purchase Sprint's Vision Access Pack for one month so she can download as many as she desires for $2.50 per ringtone and then just have it removed on the next billing cycle as well as have Customer Care disable the NAI which in essence will put a lock down on any access to the internet from her Sanyo SCP-3200.

• 2. Re: Sanyo SCP-3200 ringtone question
    Regular Visitor

Thank you for the reply! I have purchased a data cable, but the drivers apparently are not for the 3200. So, it doesn't work. I will mess around with it a bit through time, but is not a pressing issue. She is only 10. IMO she is lucky to have a cell phone at that age. lol Thanks for the reply, though. Keep up the good work.

• 3. Re: Sanyo SCP-3200 ringtone question
    Sprint Employee

The Sanyo drivers for your Sanyo SCP-3200 will come with the third party software. If you just attach the serial to the handset and the USB to your PC, Windows will install generic modem drivers.

• 4. Re: Sanyo SCP-3200 ringtone question
    Regular Visitor

I thought that would happen to, but for some reason Windows desn't find any drivers and the cd that came with the cable doesn't contain drivers for the 3200 model. I am going to be calling back the place I got the data cable for that advertised it would work for the 3200. They either sent my the wrong drivers or were falsely advertising this. It is no fault of Sprint as I would not have any issues had I purchased the data package for this phone. I just can't justify paying that for my 10 year old. I have data packages for myself and my wife, of course. Sprint's superior data network is what got us to port our numbers over.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points